Been awhile since my last post also.

ARKAR

Neat pictures and history. Was that 63 a factory 409? If so , I would say it was pretty unusual. And there ain't nothing wrong with hillbillies, Arkansas or any other kind!! Good Luck with the project.

Lonnie

Lonnie, the '63 was a factory 409 car. Dad bought it for the motor long ago, after he dropped a valve in his 409. The 409 from the '63 is in his car. I have his original block,
hoped to have it sleeved and be able to keep the numbers straight. The '63 409 four door had a powerglide and had factory air conditioner. I have some more pics of it if you are interested in seeing them, let me know.

This tuesday, with some help from my Stepdad, we trailered my '64 SS to my house. We had gotten a dusting of snow last friday, so it was a little muddy out there at Mom's. Got the Impala to my house without incident. Stopped by the muffler shop to ask them if they could make the bend on the right side of the big block with the stock manifolds. They said they could do it, but we'll see.

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

Thanks guys!
Keith

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Keith,
Thanks for sharing the pictures and story. Glad to see im not the only one that has to deal with mud!:D

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Four Door

Keith, looks like you got the mud slung off those tires on the way home. Pictures are always good, and that 63 would have been in the minority with it's options. Back in the day a fella had a 62 Biscayne four door 409 4 speed that he ran at one of our local strips. Always thought that was kind of neat 'cause most of the rest of us ran 2 door hardtops. Keep your project going!

Lonnie:beerbang

ARKAR

Haven't been on here much lately, but I did post these over on the other site. I know several of you guys are members on both sites, but some here might not be on the other site so I thought I'd post the new pictures here too. I had a carport installed in my backyard last tuesday and the very next day I was off work and as fast as I could go, I went to Mom's a loaded up Dad's 409 car and brought it to my house to get it out of the weather. Here's some more pics, hope y'all enjoy.

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

Keith

ARKAR

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

I think I've posted here before that the original 409 in Dad's white sport coupe swallowed a valve and cracked the block. I still have all the original parts and block so I hope to have the block sleeved to keep the numbers straight. Dad bought a '63 sedan with a 340hp 409 and dropped it into his car so he could keep driving it. Anyhow, here's some more pics of the 340 hp engine that's in his car now.

102-0285_IMG.jpg

102-0287_IMG.jpg

He used the rear carb from his engine and put a GTO(from what he told me)breather on it. He put his the dual-quad breather up in a storage building at my Grandmother's. I went over a few years ago and was bound and determined(second attempt) to find the breather. I looked until I found it. Here's some pics after I polished it a little.
103-0352_IMG.jpg

103-0354_IMG.jpg

Keith

ARKAR

103-0348_IMG-mod.jpg

103-0342_IMG.jpg

103-0302_IMG-1.jpg

102-0298_IMG-1.jpg

Here's a scan of the invoice when he ordered the car, I edited some of the info out at the advice of some members.

Dads1964ImpalaInvoice-Edit.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy these!
Gonna try to start working on my SS soon. Gonna wait a couple of years to start on Dad's. Gonna build a shop in that spot in the yard, and get our land paid off first.

Keith

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Keith

Great story and great save on both cars, especially Dads. I love these kinds of stories. It just never ceases to amaze me at what is still hidden, and lurking in back yards and fields. Glad that you decided to bring them both back to life!!

Lonnie:cheers:clap

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:eek: WOW,That car was sold on my 16th birthday :takethat .Some days I almost feel like it looks.:doh

ARKAR

I'm gonna start back to work slowly on my SS. Dad's car will have to wait a few years until I get a shop built. I want to spend the money and time to get his right.

Keith

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Cool story Keith

You're making lots of memories. I'm kinda partial to the Palamor Maroon Metalic. It shows it my avitar. :bow:bow:crazy