Belleville Il. Swap meet

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Deb and I are fixin to go Belleville again this morning for the swap meet tomorrow. I don't need anything but it's a nice little meet that we've been going to for 4 or 5 years and it's a good excuse to get out of town.
Next weekend is the one at Springfield Mo. it's the one that used to be at Columbia but has been moved. We'll just go to it on Friday. Again, I don't need anything but it's an excuse to take a vacation day at work. I probably shouldn't take off, word came down Monday to expect lay offs since lead is down to 82 cents a pound but I refuse to live in fear of my job.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I live in Missouri but didn't know where the town Winona, MO was located so I looked on Google Maps. You have a rather long trip to Belleville, IL but only a couple of hours from Springfield.

Hope you find something you like!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Clyde,
It's more a reason to get out of town than anything. I should be wiring lights in the new garage since it's supposed to be nice.
I've been near New Florence many times when I had trucks hauling things up 19 highway. 19 actually runs through Winona on this end.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
If you have time when you are up our way swing by sometime for a visit. We are only about three miles west of MO19 off of highway J once you get north of the town of Big Spring (town is so small the Entering and Leaving signs could be on the same signpost).

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You might buy something ,you never know. I bought a new set of window handle's for my 63 . I had just thought about buying some on e bay a day earlier. I saved $20.00 on them ,but spent $40.00 on gas , does that make sense?????:dunno Oh well i enjoyed it anyway. Heck i even talked to Phil .:D:D

Last edited:

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Less see here, $40.00 for gas, probably a meal alone the way, a days time spent,and you saved $20.00 dollars,I have done this many times makes perfect sense to me!! Beats a day at work.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Less see here, $40.00 for gas, probably a meal alone the way, a days time spent,and you saved $20.00 dollars,I have done this many times makes perfect sense to me!! Beats a day at work.
Oh yeah, $5.00 parking , a very ,very, small bowl of chilli ,small bag of chip's and a coke $9.00 Now it make's sense!!!!!!!:doh:doh But you gotta remember i still saved $20.00 at the swap meet!!!!:D

Last edited:

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I got $20 dollars off on the shifter in my 63 because I knew Phil. A guy named Roger at the Sedalia swap meet about 15 years ago.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Must have caught Roger on a good day. It's usually $20 more if you mention that you know Phil!!! :laugh:roll

Lonnie

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
When Giny and I went to Floyd Garret's Muscle car museum a while back , I told Floyd that I knew Phil and he told me to "GET OUT" , but Giny was welcome to stay as long as she wanted :dunno:scratch
:crazy:cheers