Bench seat Hurst shifter

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hurst bench seat shifter. I believe this is for a 1965 LeMans with a bench seat and a 4 speed. It looks very correct in an X-frame Chevy. The shape of the stick is the same as a factory bench seat shifter; see below for a comparison with a factory bench seat stick. Plus, it comes through the floor at the right height, and you can use a shift knob that's bigger than a ping pong ball. I used this shifter in my 63 for a number of years. See picture of my interior. The chrome is original. Not perfect but ok for a driver. $100

Attachments

• 20231106_172931.jpg
    20231106_172931.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20231106_172949.jpg
    20231106_172949.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20231106_173331.jpg
    20231106_173331.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221126_212818.jpg
    20221126_212818.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 76

hotrodmtodd

PayPal sent Ross... let me know when they ship and what company... also was curious what actual trans type you had it on and if any bolts or linkage might be included... thanks, Mike

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Mike,
The shifter is on its way to you. Coming USPS. I'll PM the tracking number to you. It's just the shifter. No linkage or hardware. I used this shifter on a 1963 Muncie and an early 80s NP440 overdrive. The mount and linkage you need depends on the transmission and vehicle. For the Muncie, you can still get the installation kits from Hurst. For the NP440, I made the mount and linkage. Let me know what you have and I can probably help.
Thanks
Ross

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
PayPal sent Ross... let me know when they ship and what company... also was curious what actual trans type you had it on and if any bolts or linkage might be included... thanks, Mike
I have to sell a new set of Muncie 4 speed linkage and mounting bracket, new mounting bolts
It fits use in a number of Chevrolets. - the linkage for sure fits using a Muncie in 61 to 64 Chevys.
Paul

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Dave - I'm still with big brown! Hopefully I'll have my dual-quad setup installed next year. Gotta get my 690s done and find an intake. Hopefully some of my parts sales will help fund all that.

hotrodmtodd

Paul... I know I have buckets of that stuff but if it was reasonable enough I might buy it just to save my old body some digging in the 6000 sq ft man cavern... hehehe... let me know... thanks, Mike

Reactions: 327

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What car is it supposed to fit ?
Hurst 4 speed shifters are designed to fit specific models
Also there are 2 Muncies one with studs to mount the shifter arms and one that uses bolts to mount
the shifter arms - The one I have is for studs.
The installation set I have is all new no used parts.
Paul

hotrodmtodd

Ross said it was out of a 65 Lemans and it worked in his 63... I'm pretty sure the M20s take bolts and the M21s have studs... I know the forks interchange because I have an M20 with 1 of each... I bought it because it has a bench seat stick... could go in any car I have a bench in... none of which are X frame cars... not overly concerned in that area... if you don't think it will work I will dig... appreciate you trying Paul...

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is the new Hurst competition plus shifter installation kit I have to sell.
All new items (does not include the chrome handles and 4 speed balls (I can sell them also)

I want $ 220 for the installation set arms, rods mounting bolts, sleeves and clips mounting bracket for the shifter plus instructions for installation
all arms and rods are marked with Hurst numbers to match the instruction sheet (new Hurst kits sold today do not come with part numbers on the rods and arms )
(these installations sets sold today are $ 260+ cost plus tax from a number of sources)
Paul
IMG_0035-006.JPG

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
correct rod numbers are 2139, 3404 and 2438
arm numbers are 2440, 2441 and 2442
with a mounting bracket number of 195-7773
to fit a Muncie 4 speed with studs
mix other Hurst rod or arm numbers and they will not fit correctly