Birds!!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Phil: This reminds me of a situation I had in my younger years. Had a LARGE wasp nest in the corner of a duck blind on the river. Decided to grab the assult 12 ga. and pump away w/o plugs. One minor detail I forgot.... I had heavy 00 loads instead of "birdseed" loaded. After all nine shots and the smoke and dust settled the whole corner of the damn blind was GONE.:eek: :eek: :eek: The moral of the story is don't do pest eradication while after having many Saturday afternoon beers :rolleyes:
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Robert,
Sounds like one of our Cecil County red neck stories. :roll "Here Cletus, hold my beer while I git rid of them bees." Larry the cable guy lives in a small corner of us all!
:roll

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
birds

All kidding aside, Ronnie I had this same problem on my front porch. I solved this by first tearing down the nest and then thum tacking strips of alum. foil to the where the nest was. Wind blows and moves the foil around and birds will not land to build their nest. They fly around for about two days and then are gone. This has worked for me the last two years and have not seen any this year. They also tried to build nests on my out side flood lights, just turned on the lights and burned their little butts until they left. Good luck!!!

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Robert,
Sounds like one of our Cecil County red neck stories. :roll "Here Cletus, hold my beer while I git rid of them bees." Larry the cable guy lives in a small corner of us all!
:roll

Dick: I've got to believe that if you put you Cecil countians and us Somerset countians together in a basket with a sufficient amount of beer that you ain't gonna be able to tell us apart:roll :roll
Robert

indyjps

I was goint o suggest smoking them out, put a burn barrel in the middle of the garage and get a fire going then add some grass clippings etc whatever is smoky. then knock down all the nests.
why not get a real owl, then you only have to contend with one bird crapping on everything.
poison bird feed??
I read the list on 1000 uses for wd40 and it said birds hate the smell of it. My neighbor lady across the back must feed the birds in the entire county and they all sit on my deck to crap. a good soaking of wd40 on the deck railing and they disappeared. try that on your rafters.