Biscayne kick panels

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
where are you guys getting replacement kick panels from for the bel airs and biscaynes? These should be painted, non-carpeted kick panels correct? My originals are long gone so I need a replacement pair but keep turning up nothing.

Thanks for your help guys

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
Classic Industries, Classic Muscle in N.C., Hubbards, all have them. My pair for the 63 cost about $12.00

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Classic Industries, Classic Muscle in N.C., Hubbards, all have them. My pair for the 63 cost about $12.00

is that for the 64 also? I've noticed most sites don't list them for the 64s??? Thanks for the heads up though!

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

I found out that in 64 they went to plastic...in the other years they were colored cardboard? Can anyone confirm this? I talked to Classic Muscle and Hubbards and the guy at Hubbards said nobody is repopping the 64 kick panels.

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
That is probably a good idea, I have a problem with moisture leaking down from my antenna hole, or vent, or something, on the passenger side.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ebay

I see them on Ebay repoped with speakers in them, plastic. NOT cheap, 64 went to molded plastic.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Are they textured plastic? Does the edge that meets the door continue up above the kick panel area? (horrible description) If so I would bet that they are the same as the Impala. The SS was the same except it had bound carpet glued to it. 65 was also the same style, I believe. The 63 panels are colored cardboard.
There is a 64 belair 2dr sedan in a yard that I frequent. It's got a fawn ( I think) interior. I bet it has the kick panels. Not sure what kind of shape they would be in. The rest of the car is pretty rough and there is green moss on the INSIDE of the windows! Next time I go out I'll look for you. Might be a while as its VERY, VERY muddy out there right now.
Ross

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
yes, there are strips that continue up along the ends of the dash, you are correct.....kind of textured plastic I guess??? If you can give them a look I'd appreciate it!

Yes the impalas used the same panels only with carpet glued to them, you are also correct.

Thanks everyone!

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The newest Eckler's (Late Great Chevy) catalog has a tech help about kick panels w/built in speakers with the molded grain look (ABS plastic no carpet) that are from Custom Auto Sound.

Something to look into if you can't find the stock ones.

Dave

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yellow Wagon,
I might make a trip to the salvage yard this week. Is a pair that's not the same color as your interior OK? There is a RUSTY 64 Impala 4dr out there with a nice interior. The interior is aqua, though. That 64 Bel Air 2dr sedan has a fawn interior so that would be the same as yours. There's also a pretty decent 64 Bel Air 4dr with a green interior. If you want I'll just get the best ones. Let me know what you think.
Ross

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Impalaguru -

I bought a set that should be on the way to me....depending on how much they want for the set down there by you, I might take them also. ANy way to find out how much?

thanks!

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hard to say what he'd want. I'd just have to ask the next time I go. I doubt very much. Maybe 10 or 20 for a nice pair? Maybe that's too much for these, I don't know.
Ross