cropped 022 409 blown.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 363
  • cropped 024 409 blown.jpg
    cropped 024 409 blown.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 278

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very Kool, How about refreshing our memries on the components of that beauty.:clap

Tim

buildit

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Blown

The painted valve covers really focus your eyes on the blower. Nice work!

dunhamfield

Well Known Member
Thanks guys. This is the 409 truck engine that I built a while back. I found the CRAGAR intake on ebay. I bought the 4-71 blower from Bill Dyer. He was very helpful in helping me with all the drive also. The top hat is DON GARLITS.
IT ALL FITS UNDER MY HOOD! All your know from the outside is that noticeable whine. I have an 850 double pumper HOLLEY hiding under the top hat.
This is way more horsepower than I expected. It will never see its potential in this old truck, unless I spend a lot more money on suspension, power brakes and steering etc..:brow

PhilBarone

Supporting Member 1
Do you drive this on the street at all? I'm planning on putting a crate motor in my car but I don't know where to begin. I don't know anything but I'd like to do a street blower and I like to push the envelope. I'm coming off of motorcycles so I'm pretty spoiled. Any help is appreciated. Phil Barone

dunhamfield

Well Known Member
Yes, I drive it everywhere. I have tuned it down to be very streetable. I have not dyno it yet but guessing that it is detuned to around 450 HP.
I understand that there are only 4 of these Cragar intakes known to be in existance. Nobody here ever shared any knowledge of this intake manifold.
With the TKO500 transmission in overdrive at around 60 MPH , I am getting 14 MPG. But at WOT I am still not delivering enough fuel with 98 jets in secondaries.