blumun53

blumun53

Well Known Member
Well, my adoration for the W's goes way back. I can remember listening to some guys at my workplace back in the 70's talk about their real life adventures concerning these motors. When they found out I liked them, they would tell me stories on top of stories. Some of the stories were technical in nature, and some of them were teenager-ish. Such as the weekend races at the old airstrip just north of here, or losing a front u-joint at about 80mph. Or going to a dealer in Dallas to pick up the newly purchased W-motor car. I think I may start a thread on the stories they told me. It might make interesting reading. I know it was exteremly interesting to me, as sometimes their stories would be directly opposite of what I had previously heard. I wish they were all still alive. I remember wishing I had been there to experience those same things with those guys.
Then, my mother bought a 60 Impala for my brother. 348 auto with air. I still resent both of 'em for that. Not to be outdone, I eventually acquired a 58 Impala, which had already been divested of its original 348 tri-power. I soon installed a terrific 63 409 in said car and almost forgot all about that 60 (Which I had since acquired). And then I started making stories of my own.
My brother is now building what I believe may be the perfect 409, which he wants to install in a Gen I Chevy II. I think that's pretty cool. I still have some 409 and 348 parts, including a tri-power set-up dated 1959. Ya know, just one trip around the block in my 409 Impala dispelled all of the negative rumors I ever heard about those motors, mostly from people who'd only heard stuff from other people who didn't know what they were talking about either.
I live in north Texas and don't know how anyone could live anywhere else. Except maybe Florida. Or Hawaii. Or Jamaica. Or The Bahamas. Or Heaven...uh, oops, I've already said Texas.:D
I think I'm gonna enjoy this forum. I've never seen another forum that is as down home informative and insightful as this one. I am a mechanic by chance and one of the things I enjoy doing most is building engines. And I do engines well.:cool:

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
welcome

Welcome, good to have another Texan on this site.:clap

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
blumun53, Welcome, Your in the right place. Always glad to here some old stories.:clap :clap