Bowtie Bug!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10

It's Sunday...so Candy & I head out on the bikes for Atchison, KS to our favorite "bar" for lunch. I see this VW come crusin' up the street...........well, that's not right...........I HEARD him comin' up the street. When he came back the second time..I ran down to the street and got him to pull over. Small block Chevy with a tunnel ram and 2 fours!!!! It's in black primer now and the headers are shorter. MAN..........it sounds mean!!!

He grafted an S-10 subframe to about where the seats are. The rearend was out of a 98 Z28 which he shortened. All the floor pans are "new". The engine is just wedged into a modified firewall. I told him I always wanted a 56 Nash Metrolpoitan with a 409 in it!!! I always wanted the chrome valve covers to be the front fenders!!!! We looked and don't think the 09 would fit without more major modification!! He didn't even think the engine would come out without taking the body off!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Absolutely no traction!!! Spins the tires all thru high gear!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap He did do a burnout for me when he left!!

Gotta have it!!!!

bobs409

Administrator
I remember a story in an old magazine about a guy who took the engine/front drive train of a 70's Olds Toronado, reversed it and put it in a VW bug. I don't remember the particulars on how it all worked.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
hmmmmm,,,,,,,,looks like there is a little room left on the sides. That 409 might fit:beerbang:beerbang:cheers:cheers

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You just don't see 1 of those every day.:roll:roll I've got a good idea where that short wheel base would put me>:bang:bang:grumble::grumble::grumble:

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A buddy of mine had a Healy Sprite with a 365 hp 327 M21 F**d 9inch cut down. It was a very dangerous car.