Boxing Upper And Lower Control Arms

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
HI
WONDERING IF ANY BODY HAS BOXED THERE UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARMS FOR REAR IAM INSTALLING A NEW UPPER CONTOL ARM TO MAKE FOUR LInK SETUP
why i have it all apart and installing new bushing should i go ahead and do this. this is a show car i am not going to be drag raceing or doing burn outs {maybe:dunno } it is getting a posi rear during the up grade all this is in preparation for a 409

thanks gabe

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
I did the lowers. It was very easy. If you have acess to a welder and some sheet metal it wont be hard at all. A good upgrade that isnt to hard.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gabe-

I purchased a set of factory looking boxed lower control arms from Eckler's. I just removed them and installed Hotchkis throughout the rear.

If you are interested in the boxed one's, PM me. They are new, installed only to move the frame around, and have new rubber bushings in them.

Brian

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I boxed my upper and lower stock control arms. easy to do with a mig or stick welder. No need to do this for a show car.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My post is an exact ditto to Fatride's. The control arms on these cars are fairly strong so if you're not going to be racing don't worry about it. The weak piont of the suspension is on the crossmember where the upper control arm ataches. It's normally a good idea to re-enforce that area but in your case it shouldn't be necessary because the extra upper arm will spread the load out.