Brass Nuts

chuckl

Well Known Member
Back in the day, I could buy 3/8" X 16 pitch or 3/8" x 24 pitch brass nuts for exhaust manifold/pipes and for marine applications. These nuts were about 1/2+" deep. They all seemed to have disappeared. I called all the big names--McMasters-Carr, Spruce, Grainger, etc; no luck. Any suggestions?
ChuckL

chuckl

Well Known Member
Thanks, I called every O'Reillys, NAPA, Autozone, Advanced, etc. in the city, no luck.

chuckl

Well Known Member
Ok, I broke the code with O'Reillys! The word "exhaust" must be included. I was just giving all the specs and Dorman number. Jeez.
ChuckL

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
On the above O'reilly link the pic may be deceiving but it looks like a standard height nut.
I have the tall nuts in 3/8-16 brass that I think you are looking for. 9/16 hex x 5/8 tall, $1.50ea
Jeff

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Glad you found them. If nothing else they sell them as a package with the studs in the Help section of most auto places.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The exhaust manifold stud/nut thing is another what do I do deal. Most all of the studs out there have a hex shaped end. Nice for install, but it does not look correct. I used to buy the original looking ones from Dorman, but that was probably 20 years ago! I may be wrong but I think the original nuts were basically a standard height steel hex nut with a raised, somewhat self locking center??? I get using the long brass nuts, but what do the guys with the 100 point cars use?
Jeff

Reactions: 327