Bubbletop whiskers for windows

heddrik

Well Known Member
Does Ciadelli give you the chrome piece with whiskers for your windows when you buy their interior? Or do you use the chrome piece and add the whiskers? Not that I am at this point, just cleaning up the top rails that the door panels are attached to and wondered if I should keep the chrome pieces. Thank you.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
All original stainless on the interior panels need to be transferred to the new assembled door and rear 1/4 interior panels and any rear arm rest with stainless. Carefully bend the pointed metal tabs to not break them so you can reinstall them. I had my local interior guy install my stainless on the new panels (but it can be done just not easy work to install them correctly)

Also the metal top rails need to be saved and sent in to Ciadella to be used on the new interior side panels and rear 1/4 interior panels (do not use repro top rails..... -they will not stay in place and fit is not as good as the originals...)

For door panels I recall that 61 - 62 bubbletops do not have stainless on the top of the doors and rear 1/4s (like 2 door hardtops and convertibles)

There are these felt kits(see link below) that are necessary at a minimum for the interior door and rear 1/4 panels. These kits have the chrome beaded felt for the door and rear 1/4 interior panels + the rubber felts for the top of door and rear 1/4 stainless. this is set is a 8 piece felt kit (4 for interior and 4 for exterior)
https://carsinc.com/felt-kit-62-impala-2-door-hardtop-window-3451a.html

I asked Ciadella Interiors about these felts and made sure they installed the new chrome beaded felt on the interior panels ("with large staple machines like they were originally installed with staples"....)
The new rubber seals for the top of door and top of rear 1/4s rubber stainless where sent to me to with the new interior panels for me to install the new rubber seals on my stainless.

Paul

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Does Ciadelli give you the chrome piece with whiskers for your windows when you buy their interior? Or do you use the chrome piece and add the whiskers? Not that I am at this point, just cleaning up the top rails that the door panels are attached to and wondered if I should keep the chrome pieces. Thank you.
I generally don't get rid of anything until I have the replacement and make sure it fits.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Thank you both. I still have the chrome pieces for sure, just wasn t sure if Ciadelli did the install like original, good to know that they do. I m cleaning up the rails Mr. Paul, was aware the repops were junk. Thanks again.
So, do I need to buy the Jegs repop whiskers before I sent to Ciadelli??

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11

Looks like they do not install the window sweeps, unless you buy their new ones.
This is want I was explaining you have to buy the window felts from Ciadella (and the new felts only come as a set with the rubber seals for the stainless).
Then you need to have them install the window felts on the panels (installing window felts on the new panels locally or you trying to install them is not a good option)

Cars Inc in Michigan does not do the interior door and rear 1/4 panels without the window felts

Paul