Bubbletop

bbqcruising

Supporting Member 1
DOES ANYOME KNOW HOW MANY 62 BUBBLETOPS WERE PRODUCED? I HAVE HEARD ANY NUMBER FROM 700 TO 5500. ALSO DO THEY MAKE A REPRODUCTION DOG DISH HUBCAP? THANKS:confused:

bobs409

Administrator
I remember reading in an old Super Chevy mag that there were about 600 409 equipped bubble tops for '62. I don't know how accurate that is. Not sure how many total bubble tops were made.

bbqcruising

Supporting Member 1
:D THANKS MAX. WHO IS THIS VERNE MAN? HAS HE WRITTEN A BOOK? THANKS FOR THE POST. ALSO, HOW DO I RETRIEVE A PERSONAL MESSAGE LEFT TO ME? THANKS. BY THE WAY MY CARS ARE 62 BUBBLETOP 409 4 SPEED 62 BELAIR 6 CYL WITH A 409 AT THE MACHINE SHOP.

Max Gearhead

Supporting Member 1
Verne Frantz

BBQCRUISING, Verne Frantz is on the chevytalk.org forum and has researched many Chevy subjects. I'm not sure if he has written an actual book on these subjects. He sure seems to be extremely knowledgeable. Regarding your PMs, click on the PM icon on the bottom of your post and that will take you to where you can send or receive PMs. Click on the Private Message to view received messages. If you need more facts and figures on 62 Bubbletops I have a few more. Max

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
A little more on the subject of Verne Frantz. Verne is a member of the Jersey Late Greats, he has spent years researching the 58 to 64 Chevrolets. He provides the cowl tag service that Late Great offers. Alan Colvin, who wrote the "Chevrolet By the Numbers" books credits Verne with providing information. He's pretty careful with his remarks so if he says it you can belive it!
He may be lurking here somewhere but I've never seen him post, stays over on the ChevyTalk Forum
Oh, and he's a hellva of a good guy!!!

bbqcruising

Supporting Member 1
verne

THANKS 61SS. I CHECKED THAT FORUM OUT LAST NIGHT. SAW SOME DISCUSSION ON ALUMINUM FRONT CLIP 62 CARS . WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE OF THOSE. WHAT KIND OF COWL SERVICE ARE YOU REFERRING TO? DOES HE DECODE THEM? THANKS . JEFF;)

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
BBQ,
Yes, they provide a cowl tag decoding service. They will not tell you what the codes mean but they will tell you how your car was equiped when it left the factory. The service is available through the Late Great Chevy headquarters or through the Jersey Late Greats. Either way, Verne provides the information. There is a charge, I'm not sure how much, about $25 I think. Check out their web site. Not sure what their address is, just do a search for Jersey Late Greats. Hope this helps

Max Gearhead

Supporting Member 1
Bubbletops

A little extra info on bubbletops and 62 409's. According to Verne Frantz there were 5950 V8 equipped 62 bubbletops and 3875 6 cylinder ones. Total number of factory 409 equipped 62 chevy cars was 8909. The number of bubbletop 409 cars is not known, yet. Max

bbqcruising

Supporting Member 1
MAX YOU SAID NOT YET. YOU KNOW SOMETHING WE DONT? WHEN MY BUBBLETOP GETS HERE I THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE THAT COWL TAG RESEARCH DONE ON MY CAR. I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT INFO THEY ARE ABLE TO TELL ME BUT WHEN I GET IT I WILL POST MY FINDINGS.