Building a wiring harness, looking for part numbers

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've decided to put the brain boxes for my EFI (FAST XFI & XIM boxes) behind the drivers seat of the '59 El Camino project. To do this, I need to grow the wiring harnesses about 11 feet but going with 12 to be safe. I like the idea of not easily seeing the electronics under the dash or in the engine compartment.

From FAST tech support, I have the part numbers for their kits to recreate what their harnesses at a custom length. However, what I'd rather do is create the equivalent of an extension cord with the correct connecters on each end. Here are links to the kits they sell:

I'm wondering though, if anyone knows where to look up the part numbers for the large Male & Female connecters used in their harnesses. I've tried their tech support, but they keep directing me to their kits. I'm hoping they're using a common connector and it is a matter of ordering the male & female sides, about 500 (200 each side, but let's have extra) terminals to crimp, 2,300 feet of wire, and some Advil to create my extension cords.

Any help on where to look up the part number or the part number it self is appreciated.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The best pics of the connectors are in the FAST links above and these Summit links:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fst-301000k - there are three black male connectors and on blue connector in this listing.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fst-301315k - the two large black connectors, one has two sets of 9, the other has two sets of 15. Both have a bolt which holds the connector to the other side.

I'm tempted to order the kits above, but finding the female ends hasn't been successful yet.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This link is the best link I can find on the xfi box:
And here is the best pics of the XIM box:

The pics on the FAST site aren't any better.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That may be a tough one to find being it is a bulkhead connector that is generally a connector of a component not a harness connector.
You can check with CTW or Del City for a weather tight multi pin connector.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That may be a tough one to find being it is a bulkhead connector that is generally a connector of a component not a harness connector.
You can check with CTW or Del City for a weather tight multi pin connector.
Thank you!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
No room in glove box ( big boxes?????) ,much shorter route through firewall. Just saying... 2300 feet of wiring??? Yikes...