Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Supporting Member 1
Hi Everyone! My name is Bob and I'm new to the site,but not W motors. I'm married to a retired school teacher. I own a mild custom 1958 Bel Air 2 dr sedan with a 348 tri-power and 4 speed, which I built 28 years ago, and am restoring-slowly-a 1962 Bel Air Bubbletop 409-409 4 speed, known as Buzzard II. It's been raced since new, in A/S and SS/S, but needs a frame off restoration now. Car is originally from North Jersey and I've spoken to the original owner and driver. I would like to build a t-bucket 348 nostalgia altered, and have already hooked up with two guys on the site for parts. I'm looking forward to making new friends with like interests and sharing info. Thanks!:)

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Bob:beerbang another new member from just across the Hudson. Are Englishtown and Carlisle frequently visited places. look forward to some photo's and updates on your builds. Ken

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the sire Bob!!
Be careful.............this site is addictive!!!! You'll be logging on 15 to 20 times a day just to keep up with everything!!!!

As me why I know this is true!!!!:roll:roll:roll

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome aboard,Phil's right:doh,I put this site in my favorites on both my home laptop,and my computer at work:crazy,havent logged off offically in months:eek::roll:roll:roll

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site.:clap Great group of guys here and lots of "W" info.:dunno Just ask, someone will tell you any thing.:dunno
:crazy:cheers

61belair348

Well Known Member
... and you will never be the same again! A new freind nearby to almost anywhere you go. If you bring your "w", a few might drive just to see it!

:)

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow! The Buzzard II was a cool car! I've heard from a few different people that it is still around. Here's an original photo in B&W. I've always been curious about what is the original body color/interior color of this Bel Air? I look forward to seeing some current photos!

Attachments

• Buzzard2_1962C%20small.jpg
    Buzzard2_1962C%20small.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Buzzard2_b.jpg
    Buzzard2_b.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 67

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here's another photo(s) that I have of the Buzzard II that I think I saved from previous HAMB posts. Sounds like a great car and I would love to see it back to Autumn Gold/Red Interior. I don't think I've ever seen a '62 Bel Air Sport Coupe in that particular color combination and I would walk past a sea of White and Red ones just to look at yours! I'm a huge fan of strange or rare color combinations.

Attachments

• Buzzard2_1962A1.jpg
    Buzzard2_1962A1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 45

wburge409@gmail.com

Well Known Member
Jogged my memory

The odd combo I remember was a '67 yellow Impala conv. with red interior! No kidding. The only reason I remember the car in my small Ohio home town was it was powered by a 427-385 4-speed and was special ordered. Wild Bill