C4 Brake kit

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey guys, maybe an odd question, but I'm doing a 2" drop C4 disc brake conversion for the 58. I'm doing a narrowed 9" big bearing torino style rear with mini tubs. Would anyone know what the C4 has for a "brake space" aka axle standoff(measurement from the housing flange to the surface that the wheel mounts to)measurement for the rear? I know Wilwood has a 2.5" and a 2.625", but I just can't find anything online for the C4 setup. I want to assume it is probably 2.5"...but I hate assuming. I don't have the rear kit yet, but the housing is about to be narrowed, and it would be good to have this measurement according to my guy that is configuring the tubs and rear housing.

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
If you have not found your answer.
It looks like this car has a replaceable hub on the the rear. 20161006_202531.jpg
If it's like this you could go to a parts store and measure one. 20161006_202544.jpg

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Frame modifications complete. New rear section narrowed and tied into center, provisions for coilovers, triangulated four link added, space for 3" exhaust to run all the way out the back, center section reinforced to reduce flex, and four body mount braces added and extended out to attach at outer floor braces in trying to stiffen everything up. All body mounts will be polyurethane.

DSC06086.jpg DSC06093.jpg DSC06074.jpg DSC06094.jpg DSC06082(1).jpg