Candy Apple Kicker

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, thanks for remembering. We will spend our 50 th anniversary doing the same thing we have done for the last 6 weeks. Taking care of these damn puppies. Can't even drive 15 miles to a restaurant. Someone has to have an eye on them every waking minute. Most people go on a cruise or a romantic trip. We will spend the day watching Fox news and yelling at the dogs. Ain't life grand !!!!!!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Actually, here is a better photo of the gloss finish. Hard to get a good shot since the parts are under the bumpers but this gives an idea of the final finish.
I wouldn't hesitate to paint small individual pieces like this again if the need arises. :)
View attachment 34585
Who put's your paint in a spray can ???? I have never heard that before ,unless you are talking Preval spray bomb???? Sorry, Semper don't mean to jack your thread!!!!!

Last edited:

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice! I am jealous, I am not even to the stage of getting the 409 built much less have the car ready for it to go into.:(

Great to see your son helping with the installation. I have had my boys in the garage since they were old enough to walk. Quality time.

Shake-N-Bake

Well Known Member
Who put's your paint in a spray can ???? I have never heard that before ,unless you are talking Preval spray bomb???? Sorry, Semper don't mean to jack your thread!!!!!
The auto paint store did it for me. The store in my area is called Space Age Paints and they sell everything you could need for body and paint work on a vehicle. The cans look like regular paint cans but have a pretty nice quality nozzle. Worked great!

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The auto paint store did it for me. The store in my area is called Space Age Paints and they sell everything you could need for body and paint work on a vehicle. The cans look like regular paint cans but have a pretty nice quality nozzle. Worked great!

My son in law who is a body man has put leftover paint in a spray can for me for touch ups. It works well.

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Looks like it will be ready for the Potato Day car show in August. Already got you penciled in!!:cheers
I am in!!! Thanks to all of my friends here; we are coming down the home stretch. Ronnie is onto something; with that Candy Apple Red engine. Hard to believe the paint on the car was done near 25 years ago... It is dusty, but thankfully being a Texas car, it ain't rusty. I really appreciate the comments as I was wondering what it looked like to the experts here. The cars have a magnetic power with all of us and especially with our children. Junior has learned to operate much of the equipment; media blasters, air tools and he was running the mig last night; practicing on an old fenderwell. I owe much to the car and my new found friends here. Still feels like America when I am conversing here and in the shop with the kid. Thanks guys!

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am in!!! Thanks to all of my friends here; we are coming down the home stretch. Ronnie is onto something; with that Candy Apple Red engine. Hard to believe the paint on the car was done near 25 years ago... It is dusty, but thankfully being a Texas car, it ain't rusty. I really appreciate the comments as I was wondering what it looked like to the experts here. The cars have a magnetic power with all of us and especially with our children. Junior has learned to operate much of the equipment; media blasters, air tools and he was running the mig last night; practicing on an old fenderwell. I owe much to the car and my new found friends here. Still feels like America when I am conversing here and in the shop with the kid. Thanks guys!
:appl:appl

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Jeff,
Can't wait for Potato Day!! Coming down the home stretch; waiting on my Inland Empire driveshaft and one harness!!! I will get a video of shakedown trials here in the next week or so. I forgot how much of the car I actually had apart!!!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just took a quick tour through previous posts, the inner fender turned out great. I fell in love with candy apple red the first time I saw a 41 Willys painted that color. Sure would like an excuse to use that paint somewhere.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
sp6t1don't post: 278164 said:
Jeff,
Can't wait for Potato Day!! Coming down the home stretch; waiting on my Inland Empire driveshaft and one harness!!! I will get a video of shakedown trials here in the next week or so. I forgot how much of the car I actually had apart!!!
Congrats......dont let off the gas yet,look forward to seeing your video.......

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jeff,

I can't believe you are going to come all this way for our little car show! I will make certain to have the fridge well stocked with refreshments and dead cow.:D