Car show questions

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ha, I didn't know they made fake 409's
I normally just tell people I have a 409 in the wagon because I don't want to spend all day explaining how its possible that a 348 could be made to resemble a 409. Plus some people have never heard of a 348ci and have asked me if I meant 350ci so again, the 409 decals and dip stick on the passenger side tell the story for me until someone with real interest and knowledge asks a good question.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The other night I was leaning/half sitting on the fender at cruise night. (Needs a good paint job) Question I get “is this yours”. Must have had that 6 times. Last time I said “nope I stole it and drove it here to brag about it”.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Just this morning I had the guy at the house for annual service for the house boiler. His comment “that’s a great looking chevelle”. Not sure if I want him coming back because he couldn’t read Impala on the trunk lid :facepalm:facepalm:crazy

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Photos are always appreciated. Sounds like a vehicle that I would spend a lot of time looking it over to discover all the mods. Nothing simple or run of the mill with your build.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
At the very first show I ever took my 62 to I got asked if my 62 was the original white and I told him yes. He then proceeded to tell me that it was painted white because gm kept all the bodies with imperfections to be painted white because white hides the imperfections and they kept all the perfect bodies for painting black. Comments like that made me not really care to go to shows very much. Also at the last show I went to and only chose to bring the car to it so it’s easier to bring parts from the swap meet area to my car inside the grounds instead of down the street I was told what I did to my car was an absolute shame.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I actually get a kick out of most car show attendees' comments. For me it was the know it all fellow exhibitors that soured me on the whole car club and show deal. Now I prefer the occasional cruise in or cars and coffee type meet ups.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
At the very first show I ever took my 62 to I got asked if my 62 was the original white and I told him yes. He then proceeded to tell me that it was painted white because gm kept all the bodies with imperfections to be painted white because white hides the imperfections and they kept all the perfect bodies for painting black. Comments like that made me not really care to go to shows very much. Also at the last show I went to and only chose to bring the car to it so it’s easier to bring parts from the swap meet area to my car inside the grounds instead of down the street I was told what I did to my car was an absolute shame.

:fingerEM Nate