car value question

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I was just told about a 62 SS convert. It is "supposed" to have fresh paint, new top, (white, white) custom vinyl interior lt green, 327, 4 speed. I am waiting for a phone call giving me more info and the owners number. As I understand it was in an estate sale for 11k and did not sell. They are now asking 9. Is that in the ballpark? I have not talked to the owner and it may be different than the party told me.

It is about 200 miles from here. I may take a look.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
look it over carefully! Fresh paint would suggest to me that there could be hidden body issues underneath it. A good once over the car should make you feel better about the potential purchase or give you enough evidence to "run." I would agree though that at that price I would wonder what's wrong with it? Verts are usually going for much more than that price!

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The phone call to give me the owners number hasn't come.:dunno Maybe it is sold.

My son told me about it last night, I made the call this morning. The person I am talking to is my ex daughter-in-law's new father-in-law.:cool: Does that make sense? Haven't met him yet.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hey Ron: If that 62 is a T##d, its worth that kind of money!. A #4 car is still worth around$7,000.00 without any add ons. A 4 is a car needing total restoration and it sure sounds like you've found something way above that!!!! .................................Sure is worth looking into!..GOOD LUCK.................Ken

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
OK I just got off the phone with the lady that owns it. Not as nice as I was told.

Owner was an upholsterer. Impala, SS clone, paint has some chips from working too close in shop, pearl over white, new top 20 years ago never finished-not fastened down in rear-no back window. Seats upholstered, not finished, not fastened down, needs new door and side panels, 327, 4 speed.

She has an offer and others wanting to look. She wants a done deal before Monday.

She will email some photos.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Some photos.........Top is not white. I think I will make an appointment and take a closer look. I think the side glass has been etched.

Attachments

• 62impala01.jpg
    62impala01.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 62impala02.jpg
    62impala02.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 62impala03.jpg
    62impala03.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 62impala04.jpg
    62impala04.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 62impala05.jpg
    62impala05.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 97

HIVOLTAGE

Well Known Member
Going by the pictures, this has to be a real "deal" at $9k isn't it? Even if it had some minor rust/body issues. I've seen much worse sell for more. :dunno

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Upholstery sucks, the grillguard is worth about $1K. By the photos I would say that would sell in my neighborhood for about $11-$12K, very good at $9K or less.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I don't like the upholstery either....or the paint on the dash.
My wife woke up this morning with a bad case of "practical". She thinks new windows and siding would be better:bang:bang

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't like the upholstery either....or the paint on the dash.
My wife woke up this morning with a bad case of "practical". She thinks new windows and siding would be better:bang:bang

You can fix those paint and dash things,,,

and windows and siding you can get any time,,, but car deals come and go quickly and not very often ,,,

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree with everybody else, $9,000 is a good deal.:deal But of course it's only a good deal if you're looking to take on a project.:scratch

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Frame

Siding and windows or Rag for cruising :?:?:?:?:?:?

Well the siding and windows probably can't be done til spring and the car's avail now:?:?:?:?

But does it have what a Rag top needs?? a good frame