Carter 3499 - New Question - Vacuum Port Thread Size

Two Questions.
I have a Carter 3499 S Carb.

One. Where is the fuel filter supposed to go? Can you guys post some pictures of where you have yours? I purchased the period correct glass bowl fuel filter. I have seen plenty of photos of where to put the fuel filter with dual quads, but not many with a single carb. When I bought the car it had an after market fuel filter behind the carb.

Two - Which port of the carb do I use for the vacuum advance?

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Your 409 appears to be a 340 hp I believe the fuel line entered the front, the 400 hp entered the drivers side rear as in Bobs pic :rub

Carb with arrow.jpg
Hey Guys. I need some help. What size thread is the vacuum port on Carter 3499 S Carb? I need to order vacuum take off adapter and want to make sure I order the correct size.

DaveN

Well Known Member
Bob is that the original set up for carb to filter with the brass fittings in the assembly manual looks more like elbows and nipple. I have a 400 hp also and wanted to make sure.

bobs409

Administrator
Not sure anymore but most likely I bought the fittings from Showcars or similar. Whether it's "correct" or just functional, can't say. That was 1994! (I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday) :D

DaveN

Well Known Member
I ordered mine from Showcars they charge a little more that 6 bucks now. I asked a lot of people about the way that fuel filter to carb was originally and nobody can remember for sure. Now the 2 four set up everyone knows.