Carter AFB metering rods?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Is the Carter metering rod part # 16-241 the 7047 size that Curt Harvey is referring to in his Questions section on his web site??

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Gotts the cooties today:scratch Started getting dizzy last night around bedtime, thought it would be a good day to work on the carbs!

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Get well

Well, if you are sick, we will give you a pass. Don't like to hear that dizzy stuff. Get well, Buddy. I might need some info from you!

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
He was reading the Spin on vs. cannister thread and I sure that is what made him dizzy. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. :coffee: Roy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
hey Ray,, When you get a cold and your nose plugs,,, do you get a fathead ???:roll

Try this link. Scroll down to find the meter rod sizes. The page looks blank at first but it`s down at the bottom.http://cars.rasoenterprises.com/Carbs-CarterAFB_Jetting.htm

Funny the way they did that.
Same jet size in the end but Carter and Ede used different jet and meter sizes to get to the same size.

Not sure of the part number but the two numbers refer to the rod size.
for instance the edelb rod #1451 is a 070x047 rod.
I have a Carter strip kit but it`s across town that would have that part number but it also is listed in that link.
The carter sizes is .0705 X.0475
Edelb parts are easier to find though.,, dq