Carter carb

bobs409

Administrator
Alan Colvin book says all Carter carbs used a triangular tag on one of the screws. My 409 carb has 3499s stamped on the side of the throttle body somewhere too.

Maybe someone else can offer more.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not sure if the WCFB carbs had any numbers like the AFB does. I think the WCFB only used a tag.
Jeff

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Most AFBs had a number stamped onto the passenger side front foot but a few (Pontiacs, some Mopars, etc.) did not. Almost all had a casting number cast onto the driver side of the body on the outer side of the float bowl, and a casting number cast onto the top surface of the airhorn on the passenger side, plus numbers stamped on the top surfaces of the boosters and accelerator pump nozzle. I have quite a number of AFBs plus the original Carter spec sheets what carb are you wanting number for and which numbers specifically?

iaco59

Well Known Member
ok, I took a real closer look at the carb. there is not a visible # anywhere!! the carb is off my 59 impala original motor . actually the motor was cast in 58 . the buyer took possession in feb. just trying to find all org. equip. carb must be one with the lost plate under a screw. I have engine on run stand now.

Reactions: 327

iaco59

Well Known Member
if I decide to sell it , I have org paper work and so far org. everything else. the buyer can have it Numbers matching or be happy the way it is now.built 65 348 roller engine with 700r4 behind it, a long with tri power. a great runner. he will have all three