Charlie Kuenster Kicks A$$/W Powered

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Paul....The difference between your 60's and your friend's with the automatic is very likely his torque converter working. You should...with your stick...out perform him in the second half of the track. The chassis set between your stick and his automatic will likey be different. Figuring out how to slip your clutch properly helps compenstate for the action of a torque converter...however managing the clutch require a tunable pressure plate and a data logger....and if you're a slow learner....like me...you'll fry some parts along the way. Russ

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
You're right Russ two counts. The converter is a big difference vs. a clutch and yes I am also a slower learner. LOL. I do have an adjustable clutch and it does hook up very well but maybe instead of side stepping it I should release it a little slower. I have one more race this season in which I can try that. Thanks again.
Paul

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Paul...be carful trying to slip the clutch using the pedal...a little goes a long way. Normally you would slip the clutch by using a combination of static base pressure and counter weight adjustment. A static pressure that would let the clutch slip a bit...until the counter weight locks it up as the rpm comes up. A data logger the records engine rpm...imput speed...and drive shaft speed sure helps clear up the mystery.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the input Russ. I think I will start another thread about this later. For now this is about Charlie and his fantastic accomplishment. Go Get'em Charlie!
Paul

59 NSS - 409 Charlie

Ishifem, Where about in Ill. are you? I heard a car like yours was around the chicago area, We could use some more 409 cars in our Victory Series. If interested call me 1 608 723 4343. Charlie