Charlotte

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I would like to hear from anyone who attended Charlotte this weekend with plenty of pictures. How did Tommy's car do down there??
Robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Robert,
I guess Charlotte was about the same as usual, I believe the attendance may have been down a little. It rained off and on Friday, wasn't a good day to walk the flea market, a lot of stuff was covered up. The car coral consisted of the front straight, the back straight and turns 3 and 4. I walked it twice, didn't see anything that I couldn't live without.

Saturday was show day with about 40 different car shows going on. It rained hard Friday night so they tried to keep the show cars on the pavement.

I entered the '63 in the AACA show......did ok, 1st place in my class (I think that was the '63 maroon 409 class:D )

They do the same thing again on Sunday, a bunch on car shows going on. I left Saturday afternoon, got home about 10 pm. I enjoyed the weekend, got to meet AZ409 and MPRIS, both members here and great guys, I enjoyed talking with them. Always good to meet up with the members of this family and get to put faces and names together.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Sounds like the weather slowed Charlotte some. Hey............. congratulations on winning the maroon 63 class!!!!!!:roll
You better get everything cleaned up!! Cecil is on the East Coast somewhere:D
Robert
My sign hasn't come in yet from Mike. He must have had alot of orders the Petersburg week. His wife says it's on the way.

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tommy is very modest, I don't think the class was limited to 63 maroon Impalas. His car was posted with a sign "DO NOT JUDGE" and he won anyway. Damn nice car, I want one. Also nice to put a face to other members and it was great to get out of the Arizona heat and walk on that green stuff you guys call grass. Larry