Check out my Vodoo Plant

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Had this out by the pond all summer. Usually looks like a palm tree with spotted trunk. Dies back with the frost at which time I bring it in and put it in the basement in the dark. Well this year, about 4 days ago it started to grow in a dry pot with no real light. I has grown 4 feet in 4 days. I looked it up and this is what it does when it blooms. The experts say it will get a putrid smell when it is in full bloom. I can hardly wait. Check it out, usually a very nice dark green palm all summer. Only grows about 2 feet tall as a palm.

Attachments

• Vodoo4.jpg
    Vodoo4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 98
  • vodoo3.jpg
    vodoo3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 90
  • vodoo2.jpg
    vodoo2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 88
  • vodoo1.jpg
    vodoo1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 102

William

Supporting Member 1
Voodoo Plant

You better put stinking a$$ thing in the dump before you have to seal up the basement to keep the stinch out of the rest of the house!!! I went over to FT Worth to look at one a couple of years back and it smeels like a body bag just opened after 10 days in the HOT sun. Please dont let that beast bloom in your house. I can already see your next post, HOUSE FOR SALE. WILLIAM:eek::eek:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
It appears, to be off to a good start, it's already giving everyone, the finger.:doh:roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Anyone close enough to check on Mike

I'm not certain of my Illinois geography of our midwest members but is anyone close enough to check on Mike to ensure he is OK. That "thing" has probably morphed into something real bad during the night.:hug
robert

348stroker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm not certain of my Illinois geography of our midwest members but is anyone close enough to check on Mike to ensure he is OK. That "thing" has probably morphed into something real bad during the night.:hug
robert

Little Shop of Horrors???? :roll

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
ready to pop

Online site says it is called the devil's tongue at this stage. I wonder if it is going to break open? Also check out my Photoshop hair.

Attachments

• vodoo.jpg
    vodoo.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 90
  • vodoomike.jpg
    vodoomike.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 118

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like a cousin of...

That looks very similar to the "Corpse Flower". I guess it is supposed to smell like rotting flesh to attract bugs for polination because there are no bees where it grows.

While it is certainly a unique beauty, I hope the scent does not drive you out of house and home :doh

http://www.huntington.org/BotanicalDiv/TitanIntro.htm

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
what?

Are you talking about my photoshop hair? When I was playing with the photo last night, my wife came in and said "see what you would look like with hair".

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
No really!!!

The plant is very attractive in the summer when it looks like a lush palm tree.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Remember the plants on the Adams family show. Get rid of it before it eats you. Oh and nice do man but now you will have to buy a comb:roll

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ya man

Digital hair doesn't grow. I bet I carried a comb for 10 years before i realized I never used it. Ahh...for the ol' days.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Look familiar?

It's all limp and wilted. I guess it just got tired of waiting for some action.

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 48

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Mike: I guess it got tired of trying to lure you into range. Glad you are ok
robert