chevy II 409

doc396

Well Known Member
i am trying to remember where i saw some pictures of 62-64 chevy II race cars with 409 engines. some had a fastback roofline? doc

doc396

Well Known Member
opps............... never mind. found it, it was a 427 altered car. kinda looked like a chevy II with a rambler marlin roofline. neat car. dennis

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Nova backs

I could be wrong, but I recall seeing pics of some mid 60s Chevy II fastbacks, real good look. Not sure if they were GM productions or something else, but there were a few of them, I think around 1965?

I'm sure someone will correct me with the right information :).

Cheers!
TomK

doc396

Well Known Member
did any of those survive? you never see them at autorama's or drag strip pics in any of the magazines i get. i think something like that made streetable would be a hit at every car show. personally, a 65 chevy II super sport was one of my favorite cars. doc

Parts

Well Known Member
Ckc

The CKC car was restored in the past couple years or so and there has been some magazine coverage on it. I believe they are in San Antonio, Tex but not sure.

Mark is right, they did come from Bill Thomas Race Cars. I thought there were only 4 but if you look at that link seems to be more than 4.

Larry

doc396

Well Known Member
that pretty much covers why none are around today. that was the first i read of the installation of vette independent rear ends? seems that would hamper drag racers. doc

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
The CKC car was restored in the past couple years or so and there has been some magazine coverage on it. I believe they are in San Antonio, Tex but not sure.

Mark is right, they did come from Bill Thomas Race Cars. I thought there were only 4 but if you look at that link seems to be more than 4.

Larry

You are right about CKC being in San Antonio. Saw the old Chevy II red fast back run at the old San Antonio dragway in 60s.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

doc396

Well Known Member
if anyone is interested there is another good thead on yenko.net bulliten board under nickey chev. and bill thomas heading. lots of good stuff. doc

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
For you modelers out there

Two subjects in one. Models and fastback Chevy II. Resin model available of the Fastback version and uses the parts from AMT or Model King Chevy II funny car AWB.

NOV-64awb 1964 Chevy II A/FX AWB Fastback(1/25th scale) $24.95
(body, hood & scoop, bumpers, grill, headlights & tailights)
(use AMT Rat Packer kit for all other parts needed - instructions included)
With Drag decals - CKC Racing $32.95
(K-dog Graphix has AWB Alan Green Chevrolet decals - order kit
for $24.95 & decals from K-dog)

http://ourworld.cs.com/mcwautofinishes/resin/newstuff.html

Just came out.