Christmas Flight In The 46 Navion

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil, I don't know the first thing about airplanes but , man!!, that was damn cool !!!! Thanks, I enjoyed every second of the video.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Cecil, thanks for the great video. It brought back a lot of fond flying memories for me. I worked in general aviation for 10 years back in the 70's and spent time maintaining a '46 Navion that was based on our field. You apparently did a good job on that old Continental motor. :clap Leo

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My DIL is a great gal. She was a wildlands firefighter in Utah, a licensed pilot, but now works as the Emergency Preparedness coordinator for a Hospital in Salt Lake. Unfortunately, she will never fly legally again because of her MS so she can fly with me anytime even if she is a KIWI.
My son is a wuss when it comes to flying. He will go down the mountain on a stupid snowboard at 90 mph, but doesn't like flying. Go figure.:rub

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
THANKS Cecil. I very much enjoyed the ride, and I didn't even get sick!! I was in a six passenger Cherokee in '66, puked on the way up and on the way down. :barf Figured I wasn't meant to fly, but planes still amaze me.

Lonnie

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Does "KIWI" mean "flightless bird" or is she from New Zealand (or both -- or something else)?

Best,
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Congratulations Cecil!!!!!! Great job!!!!
I noticed in the video................if you changed out your crank pulley for a larger one...............your prop would spin faster and you could go faster!!~!!!! Right??????
I'd ride with you anytime!!!! In fact...........maybe this summer...Candy and I could ride the bikes out and you could take me for a ride. Then, after we landed, I would take you for a ride also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or...................maybe I would ride out to Phoenix and I could ride with you to Thompson in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The race track is long enough..............you could just land there and we'd park you in the 348-409 group!!!!! Maybe you could do a couple of touch and gos for the before the Saturday race program!!!! Or..........stage a 409 race car and have you do a fly-by and see if the 409 could beat you down the track!!!! The possibilities are endless!!!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Congratulations Cecil!!!!!! Great job!!!!
I noticed in the video................if you changed out our crank pulley for a larger one...............your prop would spin faster and you could go faster!!~!!!! Right??????
I'd ride with you anytime!!!! In fact...........maybe this summer...Candy and I could ride the bikes out and you could take me for a ride. Then, after we landed, I would take you for a ride also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or...................maybe I would ride out to Phoenix and I could ride with you to Thompson in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The race track is long enough..............you could just land there and we'd park you in the 348-409 group!!!!! Maybe you could do a couple of touch and gos for the before the Saturday race program!!!! Or..........stage a 409 race car and have you do a fly-by and see if the 409 could beat you down the track!!!! The possibilities are endless!!!!!!
OK

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Cecil, I go to breakfast with some retired airline guys and several are busy restoring the L-17 military version of the Navion at the St Paul, MN airport. A non profit group in MN acquired the plane from an estate in Florida. They disassembled it several months ago and shipped it up here. Last flown 5 years ago and will get a full restoration. Leo

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil, I go to breakfast with some retired airline guys and several are busy restoring the L-17 military version of the Navion at the St Paul, MN airport. A non profit group in MN acquired the plane from an estate in Florida. They disassembled it several months ago and shipped it up here. Last flown 5 years ago and will get a full restoration. Leo
Great. They should all be restored.:cheers

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
She's from NZ. Talks funny, like Gav and Grub.:D

Come on Cecil, its you guys that talk funny just ask your DIL:hug
Real neat video, i enjoyed it a lot

PS Grub is from Australia (they talk real funny over there):hide
Steve