Christmas time

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
it drives as new with no squeaks or rattles, all suspension components are new as is the interior...all the bright work is near mint...this is what I consider my holy grail...time to loose a camaro and a really awesome 42 chevy 3IMG_0194.JPGIMG_0195.JPG4 ton, frame off and blasted to new metal years ago...this is what gives this car a little grunt

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Is that a 305 horse engine? That doesn't look like a 250 horse intake and there's no adapter for that AFB style carb.The 305 horse came with an AFB.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I had one exactly like that without the skirts. I put a 380 hp W in it.This was before anyone could tell the difference between a 348 and 09. It ran 13.80’s at the old Houston drag strip. This was with two 950 bucrons a small floor jack and road tools. About 100 lbs of stuff. I raced every weekend that it didn’t rain. I ripped the rear end stabilizer off of the frame. I had two close races one was a 350 hp Malibu and a 56 Pontiac with a 421 super duty dual quads and all. Lots of fun!

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice looking rig. Is it getting a different set of valve covers???:brow
quite a distinct possibility...thanks for the kind words guys, I'm really happy to have gotten to this car in my life, not a whole lot of work to do to it other than cosmetic stuff but that's good for the back...got some serious pillows in the shop...anything past the carb requires a few pillows...suprising how one can fit under a hood...the moldings blow me away, the sheer amount and the condition...I'm told it's a two owner car but no way to prove it, not that I care...nice enough to be seen in public but not so nice where it can't be driven...:jive

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Rob, The name fits it well. Very nice 60, you sound like you’re 16 years old and just got your new car! Congratulations, my question is how many times of you went out in the garage to look at it since you brought it home. :good
If you just need to lose the Camaro for space I can come and get it? LOL and I will leave tomorrow to come and get it:D

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Money well spent, beautiful car . Congrats . Those cars just had the look's .Rode in one just like it back in 1960 , my cousin wanted one like this (girl )and her husband ,of course it was a 283 and auto. I was impressed then and still am . Nice to see all original.