Ciadella or CARS???

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I use to raid salvage yards looking for 62 Belair door panels....both 2 door and 4 door. Just to take the badges off. Would get them painted. My interior guy had àn adhesive that he would glue them to new door panels and everything looked absolutely factory!!!!!!!

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I recall purchasing door panels in the late 90’s for my 62 BA HT from Ciadella and they came with semi correctly colored inserts which I believe were paper that would be glued to the inside of the squares. Maybe you lost those.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I found a 4 door in a junkyard Phil, can you use them if they are a different color and get them painted? May have to go back and see if I can find those parts. Thanks for the tip, maybe someday someone ( me? ) can use them.

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
My pinstriper buddy is going to match the colors from the New CARS seat covers I ordered(18 week lead time). He'll mix paint to match and fill in the chrome badges on the door panels.
I have one of the original door panels with the correct colored badges so we could go off that too. Keeping my fingers crossed that the CARs colors are close.

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
I did sell the incorrect seat covers and have had the new ones from CARS inc installed. Look great.
Paul I'm looking for the thread you posted of some interior pics of a red 62 Belair spt cpe. a couple of years ago. Nothing pops up on a search for Belair interior like what you had posted. I'm looking for the correct color on the dash and garnish mouldings plus steering wheel.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here are pictures of an original 62 Belair that had an original dash and trim -I helped my friend buy the car and also helped
him sell it. To my knowledge the dash is original -the seats and side panels and carpet were replaced -note that the rear side panels do not have
the belair emblems.

I also have pictures of my 2 restored red interior Impalas with the flat paint on the dash and steering column with a gloss steering wheel.
I found a matching formula with enamal paint for my dashes
Paul

62 Bubble top 017.jpg62 Bubble top 018.jpg62 Bubble top 020.jpg62 Bubble top 021.jpg62 Bubble top 026.jpg62 Bubble top 027.jpg
DSCN6688.JPGDSCN6693.JPG

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My red interior 62 SS convertible and my 62 Impala Hardtop with restored dashes (new paint mixed to match the flat
original dash paint and two tone red gloss steering wheel -Belair steering wheels are all one color) . The bench seat 62 hardtop picture does not show the red in the right shade that it actually is painted. I can take better pictures of it.
The SS convertible was sold

P1000238.JPGP1000239.JPG62 HT red-June02-#1 interior.jpg

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
I am using my Impala colors for the Belair. I had them scanned. My impala was painted with Lacquer back in '82 along with the dash. I will have a small amount mixed and see if they match.
Thanks Paul.

Reactions: 327

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
the dash and steering column are the same color on belair or Impala models.
I have factory interior paint codes and they are all the same for each interior color.

The only differece is the Impala steering wheel is 2 different red colors -belair one red color

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
1962 Impala SS Convertible 327/300 HP with 700R4 transmission.
factory SS white red interior 62.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
They make a new indicator lens that has the over drive indicator along with all of the other shift points just for a 700R4.
Just what Randy said the new lens with overdrive on it fits inside the factory chrome powerglide indicator.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I noticed the Bel Air in Paul's picture lacked the Bel Air badges on the back interior panel. Does Ciadelli provide those or do you have to find your own? I have some beige ones from a 4 door, guess I could paint them. The middle insert in seats is also a different shade, does that hold true for the quarter badges as well? Thank you.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
That interior in that 62 Belair was made ( in 70’s or 80’s i think) when interior companies were selling new Belair interiors without the logos embossed on the side panels. The belair interiors sold today are way different and have logos on the side panels and the seats.

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
CARS has sent me three of the correct color badges for the door panels on my Belair. They promised me that they will be sending out the other nine real soon. I would imagine once I get them it'll be time for a glue job. Should be interesting.
I did get the shift indicator for a 700R4. I got one for a 350TH in my 62 Impala but my linkage needs to be tightened up to really read correctly. I don't mind pulling it down past L. Hardly ever happens anyway.