Coil spring question

60ht

So I’ve had my ‘60 Impala lowered for several years just using it for a cruiser. I’m going another direction with it now, going to run a little hotter engine and I want to raise it back up at least to stock height or maybe even a touch higher. Nothing too crazy just a little more of a hot rod look. I’ve been doing research for what springs to use and I’ve been seeing a lot of recommendations for the old Moog 6004 and 6033’s. I can’t find anywhere that has 6004’s. All say out of stock or out of production. What else that’s comparable is available and where can they be bought? Thanks in advance for any direction you can give me here, I’m ready to get to work!

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So I’ve had my ‘60 Impala lowered for several years just using it for a cruiser. I’m going another direction with it now, going to run a little hotter engine and I want to raise it back up at least to stock height or maybe even a touch higher. Nothing too crazy just a little more of a hot rod look. I’ve been doing research for what springs to use and I’ve been seeing a lot of recommendations for the old Moog 6004 and 6033’s. I can’t find anywhere that has 6004’s. All say out of stock or out of production. What else that’s comparable is available and where can they be bought? Thanks in advance for any direction you can give me here, I’m ready to get to work!
I picked up a pair of front from Rock Auto last year.

60ht

Ok NCPOP, thank you for that. I have looked at their site and have seen a few different springs listed but not that number. I’ll dig a little deeper there.

60ht

I see Rock Auto has a Husky brand spring labeled RC6004. Does anybody have any experience with this brand? Thanks NCPOP.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes it was the Husky brand model RC6004 that I bought, I had a hard time compressing them enough to get them installed. They are a little taller and much stiffer than the old original springs. Hard to say how they will perform, I don’t have the engine in the car yet. My car is a 6 passenger SW originally a 283, will have a 348. With that said I think the car will set higher than it used to, hopefully not too high.

60ht

They showed to only have the one set left and only had them listed under the 348 engine, I ordered them. I’ll be ok with it if it sits a little higher and a stiffer ride won’t bother me. May be a different story with the wife, she always comments on how well it rides now.