compression ?????

51T409

Well Known Member
Could someone help me out here or am i losing it??? I was watching a thread on this subject from Chaz and it dissappeared??? Bob did you move it to another area?? Please help!!!anybody know?? there were like 12 posts.

51T409

Well Known Member
that's what I mean!!! Ronnie, Gearhead409, The OZ several members responded too this thread . so where did it go?? thanks Dick for your help though.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Could someone help me out here or am i losing it??? I was watching a thread on this subject from Chaz and it dissappeared??? Bob did you move it to another area?? Please help!!!anybody know?? there were like 12 posts.

He must not have liked what he got for relpys and took his ball and went home,,,,:doh

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
No, I think he could have trashed the entire thread.

To delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.
Note: deleting this message will result in the deletion of the entire thread because this is the first post in the thread.

I say we smack his hands :takethat and take away his board privileges for a while. :roll

gearhead409

Well Known Member
thanks Dick, i didn't know that. DQ was right, the man took his ball and all our post and went home!!!! it's just hard to help some people.

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow, I thought I had gone nuts.....maybe Bob can rework that tool so it doesn't happen again. alot of time was burned up trying to get my mind right

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Take that !!!

Attachments

• Resize of bartasstatoo.jpeg
    Resize of bartasstatoo.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 75
Still want to talk about compression?

If I remember right, the deleted thread addressed the question of a supercharged 409 and a question regarding the suitability of a higher compression ratio.

I was also reading with interest as that's what I am thinking of.

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking:

656 crate short block (still in original wooden crate from 1964)
690 heads
Lamar Walden supercharger manifold
Eaton/Magnacharger supercharger (have to make a custom plate to work with L/W manifold but don't need a hole in the hood or a cowl hood as with 6-71)
Multi port fuel injection setup (probably Holley Commander 950 controlled)

Haven't made a decision as to cam yet.

Talked with the guys at Magnuson today regarding the supercharger. Currently their largest is a 122 cubic inch supercharger. While they've made it work with a 454, it was apparently struggling. They said they'll have a 2.3L (about 140 cubic inches) supercharger out in about 5 months. They also recommended raising compression on the motor to 9.0 to 9.5 and running 6 or so lbs of boost.

If I'm going to do the above, probably better replace the cast truck pistons. Anyone have a set of standard bore forged car pistons? I'd think about a stroker, but it doesn't look like Ross makes standard bore stroker pistons and the compression looks like it would come in too high. Any thoughts on a cam selection?

Anyway, I'll post some pictures as this comes together.

Chuck

buildit

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
standard bore stroker piston.

Ross will make you a stroker piston in standard bore. Or any bore, comp ht, or comp ratio you want. Just have all your numbers together and ask for Pat.

bobs409

Administrator
I believe that was deleted by the user. I didn't move or delete it. (unless my Alzheimers is kicking in again) :D