Computer chip shortage?!?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
A friend owns a GMC dealer and he can’t get one ton diesels except by strict allocation so he has already presold his 2021 allocation back in December. I ordered one from him to obtain a presold allocation but didn’t take it when it got there. He had people waiting for one ton diesels so it was only on the property long enough to prepare it and do the title work
Robert

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The Chevy and Ford dealers near me are down to 5-6 new trucks on the lot, they normally have at least 40 or more. However I drove by a very large Toyota dealership and his lot is filled with maybe over 1000 cars and trucks, no shortages for them?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All these shortages are driving prices up for everything, house around here are selling for 20-30% over asking. It’s a sellers dream no matter what you are selling , when this whole thing blows up, it’ll be a big one. A waiting list to buy a truck? Insanity. Just in time supply chains are now just not in time.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Waiting for my 2021 GMC diesel 2500 since December 2020. I ordered a Chevy also. Same problem.
Did you get it in an allocation? Should have been here by now. Was it ordered through a truck dealership that does allot with one ton or 4500 diesels ?
Oh. Why a 3/4 ton? Do you plan to tow much?
Robert