Convertible top installer Norridge, Chicago area

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have a friend restoring a 1963 Chevrolet convertible.
he needs a good 60’s convertible top installer, that knows how to install the top and adjust top rack and adjust the windows to fit
he is in the Norridge area of Chicago, zip code 60706.

Paul

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not cheap but considering what it would cost to have it done twice it is worth it. We put the headliner in our 63 Bel Air and got the last known bark pattern material which is what the car came with. We were having issues with it, so we brought it to somebody. They used a green adhesive that bleed through wherever it was used. Ruined. Wound up having to buy a new one in a basket weave pattern which isn't correct. Should of brought it to Ogden.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not cheap but considering what it would cost to have it done twice it is worth it. We put the headliner in our 63 Bel Air and got the last known bark pattern material which is what the car came with. We were having issues with it, so we brought it to somebody. They used a green adhesive that bleed through wherever it was used. Ruined. Wound up having to buy a new one in a basket weave pattern which isn't correct. Should of brought it to Ogden.
Green glue? I sell all sorts of upholstery glue at my business and have never seen anything like that. There is a red glue but that is used for a very specific purpose. Trying to figure out what the heck glue would be used that is green.