Cornhusker

New to the forum. Been checking it out for a few days.
Work as a Protection and Safety for the State of Nebraska out of Kearney, Nebraska. Also own a repair shop that myself and another guy both run part time. Works out well for working on our own stuff plus some cash flow...=)
Currently own '63' Hardtop SS 327, and my pride and joy is a '63' Convertible SS 409, 4 spd. Both of them I helped my dad restore and have since inhereted them. Speaking of which does anybody have any ideas on the the production numbers for the convertible? We went all out on in and it has had a body off complete restoration done about 12 years ago. Amber red with a white top. Look forward to getting to know everybody.

Oh, yeah.....hopefully I won't be shunned but I also have a '76 Camaro with a 500 h.p. small block with nitrous that I play around with from stoplight to stoplight.

Jeff

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Jeff, Glad you found us. Convertible sounds awesome. 500 hp Camaro??? Everybody needs a toy. Bet that's fun. :)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jeff, Welcome to the site. We stayed at the city park in Mason City while driving through in my 61' last year and had a great time visiting with the locals. The production for the Impala convertibles in 63' was 82,659 and 153,271 sport coupes and convertibles were equipped with the SS equipment. I don't know if there is any information specificity for 409's.