Cost of gas

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Since the cost of of crude oil has dropped from $94-$61 since the middle of the October.
How long do you think it would take to drop the cost of gas at a comparable rate.
I'm seeing the cost drop from $3.20 to $2.70 in the same time.

Dave

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Filled up Sun. night in Lampassas, Tx for $2.23. Friend sent me a email from Austin-Exxon was 1.99.9 in South Austin.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Still near $3.00 in Calif. But I think our taxes may be about $.80/gal higher here.

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
$2.40 here...... oddly when it first started coming down we were as cheap as anywhere else that ya'll posted up. :dunno Slower coming down I guess.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
A barrel of oil closed at $60.94 today. Gas in NY-$2.91. Gas in NJ-$2.69

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Our wonderful Oregon governor wants to add a $1.50 carbon gas tax, forgot to mention hes a democrat

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
Waiting for diesel to come into reality. Its less refined and costs a lot less to make. $1/gal difference in price here still.

$2.50-2.60/gal. regular unleaded here and $3.50-3.85 for diesel

State of MI is pushing for a $0.20/gal. gas tax hike to "fix the roads."
More money for them to put in the general fund and steal...

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Filled up in PA yesterday and it was $2.82 back here in NY still $3.03:cuss

bobs409

Administrator
Our wonderful Oregon governor wants to add a $1.50 carbon gas tax, forgot to mention hes a democrat

No need to mention it, I automatically knew he was as soon as I read carbon gas tax! Are all democrats morons? Pretty soon your going to be taxed if you pick your nose! :furious

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Waiting for diesel to come into reality. Its less refined and costs a lot less to make. $1/gal difference in price here still.

$2.50-2.60/gal. regular unleaded here and $3.50-3.85 for diesel

State of MI is pushing for a $0.20/gal. gas tax hike to "fix the roads."
More money for them to put in the general fund and steal...

I can buy a transport load of diesel fuel today for $2.159 with no tax for off highway. Highway tax is $.469 for diesel. Gas here is $2.48.

bobs409

Administrator
:disco1Yeah baby! Keep on dropping.

This is a real good time of the year for cheap premium isn't it? Most oldies are tucked in for the winter. Mine are ready to go whenever the roads are dry and I'm in the mood however. :dance3