Cost of gas

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The oil reserves were not meant for lowering the high prices dimensia o'Biden caused.
My understanding could be wrong on this, but didn't Biden infuse the oil market with some of our reserves in the hope of bringing down the gasoline prices?? I don't think that worked very well. Wasn't there a problem with refineries processing this oil?? Too much at once?? My mind is a little hazy on this. Regardless, we need that reserve oil replaced. It puts the safety of our country at risk, Carmine.

Thunder80

Carmine - It sounds like they are trying to bring the country down. Allowing so many in with all bennies. But if you do enter the right way will take years. We have no idea who or where all these these walk in's are.. Sure doesn't look great, But praise GOD He knows all about it.

bobs409

Administrator
I can't believe that citizens haven't made even an attempt at stopping the illegal situation. We all do nothing while our country is being invaded! (well, I guess I know why we don't do anything, our government is too big for OUR own good and would probably mass murder us!) This is still America isn't it??

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just quickly, I thought about this for a while. Most people we elect President, are wealthy. Some are millionaires. One was a billionaire. Seriously, how can they relate to us?? Middle class. Struggling somewhat. I just don't see how it can be done. They don't and never have experienced the same things we have. They don't know what it is like sometimes to work and live paycheck to paycheck. But yet, we keep electing them. Politics at its worse. I think it might all come down to money. You need it to campaign. Where are we common folk suppose to get the millions to run a campaign, when we are late on our car payment?? Have we ever had a real decent, down to earth, non wealthy President who cared about all people?? I don't know. And Congress also has many wealthy people. I forget the figure, but many were also millionaires. So again, how do they relate to those less fortunate then themselves?? They don't. They give you lip service to get elected and re-elected. They prostitute themselves for a vote. The whole political system sickens me. I'm not suggesting anything by saying this, but I think this country is ripe for a revolution. Certain rights being trampled on. A bunch of empty suits deciding what is best for you and me. It's a fact. Most democracies only have a shelf life of about 200 years and then something else is tried. We are past that expiration date. People are growing tired of something that is not working, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
Well 2020 showed me that our voting system is a joke! I'll vote again for Trump but will my vote get swapped to the other guy like it probably did last time? Not feeling very confident on voting anymore but we can't just do nothing.

One big problem is that our government at some point got too big and went from working for us to us working for them and they know it! democrats are really testing the waters this go around too. They seem to be getting away with EVERYTHING too! No accountability anywhere to be seen.

Even if Trump gets back in again and fixes things. It's only a matter of time before the criminals get back in and do it all over again! I'm sure they have perfected the art of stealing an election by now. (cheating, illegals voting, etc)

America is teetering on disaster. The RATS won't give up their stolen power easily! We can't survive another 4 years of biden! (or should I say who ever is pulling his strings because biden is practically a vegetable!)

Absolutely sickening what this country has become in less than 4 years!!!!

427John

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. I know we are all affected by it, but does anyone know why the price of gas has gone up so much lately??. I tried to find an answer and some think it is because of the wars taking place in Israel/Gaza and Ukraine. I don't know about that. Ukraine war has been going on since February 2022 and I don't think the price of gas has gone up like it has recently. Actually, I thought it had come down some. It's gone up where I live 24 cents per gallon in the past few days. We're at $3.59 per gallon. I saw in CA. it was $5.49 per gallon. WOW!!!! Not a good sign with the nicer weather coming in many areas. It only goes up more. Better hold your hand over your sphincter muscle so you don't get violated too much, Carmine.
The only war affecting the price of gas is Bidens war on petroleum and energy independence in the US. That's it in a nutshell, Trump had us down to near zero net oil imports and Biden destroyed that his first 6 months in office so remember that come November. When you make foreign oil the only game in town they charge what they want to.

427John

Well Known Member
My understanding could be wrong on this, but didn't Biden infuse the oil market with some of our reserves in the hope of bringing down the gasoline prices?? I don't think that worked very well. Wasn't there a problem with refineries processing this oil?? Too much at once?? My mind is a little hazy on this. Regardless, we need that reserve oil replaced. It puts the safety of our country at risk, Carmine.
That could work if the opposition didn't know that sooner or later your reserves will get dangerously low and you will have to refill them with their oil since he already castrated domestic production. They know its a pay me now or pay me later scenario.

427John

Well Known Member
Just quickly, I thought about this for a while. Most people we elect President, are wealthy. Some are millionaires. One was a billionaire. Seriously, how can they relate to us?? Middle class. Struggling somewhat. I just don't see how it can be done. They don't and never have experienced the same things we have. They don't know what it is like sometimes to work and live paycheck to paycheck. But yet, we keep electing them. Politics at its worse. I think it might all come down to money. You need it to campaign. Where are we common folk suppose to get the millions to run a campaign, when we are late on our car payment?? Have we ever had a real decent, down to earth, non wealthy President who cared about all people?? I don't know. And Congress also has many wealthy people. I forget the figure, but many were also millionaires. So again, how do they relate to those less fortunate then themselves?? They don't. They give you lip service to get elected and re-elected. They prostitute themselves for a vote. The whole political system sickens me. I'm not suggesting anything by saying this, but I think this country is ripe for a revolution. Certain rights being trampled on. A bunch of empty suits deciding what is best for you and me. It's a fact. Most democracies only have a shelf life of about 200 years and then something else is tried. We are past that expiration date. People are growing tired of something that is not working, Carmine.
I pretty much agree with most of what you're saying about the rich not suffering the consequences, but as rich as Trump was I feel that he truly tried to look out for the majority and not just the rich or the poor. His biggest shortcoming was that he couldn't keep his ass off of social media and because of that there were a bunch of people that hated him as a person. But the bottom line is that the presidential election shouldn't be a popularity contest, people should use logic and analyze their track record when it comes election time, something that people apparently failed to do in the last one, if they had they would have remembered that Biden was a career politician that was exceptional only in the fact that he never did anything exceptional, if people of color had researched his previous public stances they would have realized that he never was their friend. Apparently during the last election instead of using logic when casting their vote a lot of people voted with their emotions and that seldom will give a good result. Trump was able to get us energy independent for the first time in decades which keeps the price of gas low, he kept the economy strong and kept inflation low, and had a strong foreign policy that kept Putin and the current Il in N. Korea in check, I was not surprised that within 2 weeks of Biden taking office that Russia and N.Korea communicated to his administration that we should stay out of their affairs, that was a blatant example political disrespect.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The only war affecting the price of gas is Bidens war on petroleum and energy independence in the US. That's it in a nutshell, Trump had us down to near zero net oil imports and Biden destroyed that his first 6 months in office so remember that come November. When you make foreign oil the only game in town they charge what they want to.
I don't think I ever knew that about Trump and getting us to near zero imported oil. I like that a whole lot. I knew that Biden stopped the pipeline that was almost done. And his administration refused to renew some permits for drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. He helped create this present issue of expensive gas. Seriously, how could you ever vote for this guy again?? No thanks. I'd write in Quasimodo's name first , Carmine.