cragar ss for 63 impala

iggy63409

Guys whats best size of cragars to put on 63 impala. I want 15x7 in front and 15x8 in rear in deep dish. I believe bolt pattern is 4 3/4", do i need spacers? Please help as any advice will help. Thx

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
That's a great looking wheel,have you considered using the newer larger sizes?.I'm not sure what's offered but 17 or 18" wheels really look nice!!

iggy63409

Your right they are lookers but want to keep it the 60's look like the old man when he was cruising with raised white letters.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I put US Wheel on my car this time. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/usw-48-4709/overview/
With 3.5 back space and a 7 inch wheel, I have enough room to go maybe a 1/2 wider, but not an inch. If I used an 8 inch wheel, I would need 4 inch backspace and should have fender clearance. 4 1/2 backspace gets too close to my 2 1/4 tailpipes. You also loose that deep dish look you mentioned.

If your dad cruised with raised white letters, he must still be a young feller.:)

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Very nice looking wheel,Ron,and hopefully will not have the '"out of round"and balance issues that plauged the Cragers.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Out of round problems on CRAGAR SS wheels ??? I never had any problems with mine on the '57 Don. Mine were 1975 versions.117 57 home from being lettered and stripped.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The later ones,especially 13's,and 14's were very problematic in my experiance with customer cars that had them.Perhaps the company making the wheels themselves changed?:dunno

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ron that is the same wheels I have on Ms Bela , really like them and they are not what everyone else has !!

iggy63409

So can i put 15x7 and 15x 8's in the rear. Guess I cant go with deep dish but thats ok. What backspace would I need?