Crankshaft lamp

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I too love that radial engine, although they are all cool.

What is it Tom about building engines / bikes in the house? I too did that when I first got married. Built the complete bike in my apartment kitchen.

Before I got married, I put one a bike back together in an upstairs apartment. We let it down the stairs with a rope.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I rebuilt some carbs, alternators and such on the kitchen table but that was about as far as Kimberly would let me go. I do remember laying in the snow changing the rear end on my Monte Carlo, that sucked but when you don't have any money you gotta do what you gotta do.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Jeff, I rebuilt my Muncie, on the dining room table, 3 years ago. My wife, happened to mention, can't you find a better place than that, to work on your car stuff.:dunnoNo, this is the perfect place.:teeheeI told her,"don't worry, I put thick cardboard down first." There is a Perfect imprint, of a gear, on the table.:doh:eek1

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I rebuilt some carbs, alternators and such on the kitchen table but that was about as far as Kimberly would let me go. I do remember laying in the snow changing the rear end on my Monte Carlo, that sucked but when you don't have any money you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ever try changing a complete rear end housing on a single axle truck in a farm field Jeff? We were spreading lime in a farmers field and the rear axle housing broke. Part of a load of Ag Lime still on the truck. Cold and snow on the ground, bottle jacks and lots of blocking. Back in the 60's........sure couldn't take that anymore.................:crazy:crazy:crazy:winner:winner