Sad News :( Crappy Rockauto warranty

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Just a word of warning about purchases from Rockauto. Read ALL the fine print. What your local parts store warranties, Rockauto may not. I bought a Denso oxygen sensor from them and it went bad in 5 months. They won’t warranty it. Rockauto says it’s a “wear part”. How can air wear a part out? Local parts stores say it should carry one year warranty. Try to talk to some at Rockauto. You can’t. Email and you get a different person each time who doesn’t seemingly care. Seems like all responses are “stock” answers. Very frustrating and probably what they want, So you just give up. I’ll pay more from now on so I can deal with person face to face. I call this a case of corporate greed first and customer last. I’ll be sure to give them as much free advertising as I can in the future. No business, just advertising. I’ll never buy from them again, not that they would care.

Fuzz

MAGA

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Just a word of warning about purchases from Rockauto. Read ALL the fine print. What your local parts store warranties, Rockauto may not. I bought a Denso oxygen sensor from them and it went bad in 5 months. They won’t warranty it. Rockauto says it’s a “wear part”. How can air wear a part out? Local parts stores say it should carry one year warranty. Try to talk to some at Rockauto. You can’t. Email and you get a different person each time who doesn’t seemingly care. Seems like all responses are “stock” answers. Very frustrating and probably what they want, So you just give up. I’ll pay more from now on so I can deal with person face to face. I call this a case of corporate greed first and customer last. I’ll be sure to give them as much free advertising as I can in the future. No business, just advertising. I’ll never buy from them again, not that they would care.

Fuzz

MAGA
My experience with ANY parts house is if it has a wire your warranty is worthless.

bobs409

Administrator
I think rock auto is owned by the USPS. Order 5 things and it comes from 5 locations! Ca-ching! $