Cruzing With Grandpa

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Granddaughter insisted that she went out cruzing with PA this weekend. What a wee treasure she is.
40199349_10155908248887055_8342758292107296768_n.jpg
40162394_10155908249807055_2619731807754518528_n.jpg

Gav

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My mother’s side 1st grandfather was blind from a railroad fall (never know him also) 2nd wasn’t into cars, he drove Pontiac’s & Buick’s. On my fathers side, the 1st car I remember was a Hudson Wasp then was a Ford with a 390ci.
Have a few photo’s of my dad with his 39 & 40 hot rod Fords, then a 52 Ford, but then on it was family cars, mostly stationwagons. By the time I could drive dad gave me the keys of a 52 Chevy and said you break it you fix and don’t drive any of the family cars.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I had a Rat Rod before there was such a thing. Back in the mid 70's I bought a 59 Belair more doors off of my Brother this car was a work of art. The right front fender was so badly rusted out around the headlight my Dad took a big piece of galvanized heat duck and screwed it down to the fender and then took some bailer wire off our old hay bailer and hand stitched the headlight assembly to the fender and every time you would give her some gas the headlight would tip back and light up the tops of the trees then you could drive down the road and go Coon hunting if you had a mind too . The floors were so rusty one night I was out having a few and while driving down the road the floor gave out and before I knew it I was darn near in the back seat, I had a couple of 4X4's in the trunk because you never know when you might need them and stuck them under the seat which worked fine. The ignition switch crapped out on it so we hot wired it and had a toggle switch for a key which was cool because it had a Powerglide and you could start it when it was in gear. Had a Ohio State Trooper pull me over one night and he was so impressed with the ole 59 he gave me a ticket for unsafe vehicle he told me to pull it over in this bars parking lot and lock it up but I told him I couldn't because earlier that day the stick that I had holding up my drivers window slipped out and the window shattered and I was afraid if the 59 sat there that my 8 track tape player that I had sitting on the seat might get stolen so he thought about it and said if I promise to go right home that he would reduce the charge but I still would have to go to court about the ticket so I said fair enough and the rest is history so they say. 59's forever.

Mark