Dallas Autorama 2011

SasaMP

dar023.jpg

dar019.jpg

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, the Dallas Autorama show was very good to the "409 Club"!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Jerry's car took a Class trophy in Conservative Hardtop 60-69, My car took Outstanding Class in Conservative Hardtop 60-69, Pat's Fuel Injected 409 chassis took Best of Class in Experimental and his Black 62 Z-11 Lightweight took home several trophies. I'm not sure exaclty what class it was in, but to name just a couple, he took home Outstanding Restored Engine and Outstanding Restored for the entire show! There are a few more, but will have to get the details from him tomorrow. Pat also won some cash.

Sasa (SasaMP) will get the group photo of us with all of our trophies from Pat's cell phone and post them up for us.

We had a great time, but of course Murphy's law kicked in when I was leaving. I had someone bring my trailer up to the show, loaded the car and was headed out of the building when all of a sudden we came to a dead stop. He had forgotten to raise he tongue jack all the way and it got caught in the crack at the overhead door. It ripped the tongue jack out and tore the whole front of the box off. :takethat:takethat:takethat

On a good note, at least the car is in one piece!!!! :pray:pray:pray

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That Car has a mind of it's own

:doh:eek: Brian it sounds like it's crying for attention like a child.:rolleyes:What is going to do when the Shop is open and you send all that time on other cars:roll

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:doh:eek: Brian it sounds like it's crying for attention like a child.:rolleyes:What is going to do when the Shop is open and you send all that time on other cars:roll

It will probably be happy! I swear this car does not want to live! I know it jinxed the trailer. At least Christine would fix herself!

SasaMP

The past 4 days have been a blast for me. Got to meet some new people (Brian) and got to be around awesome cars/people. I would do it all over again tomorrow.

alpatbrian.jpg

Oh and Brian, Pat got another one haha

photo18.jpg

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The past 4 days have been a blast for me. Got to meet some new people (Brian) and got to be around awesome cars/people. I would do it all over again tomorrow.

alpatbrian.jpg

Oh and Brian, Pat got another one haha

photo18.jpg

So Sasa, I'm just new people and everyone else is awesome people???? :scratch:roll:roll
It was great to meet and hang with you and Al throughout the weekend. You two need to come by when I get the shop going.

And as for Pat getting another one..........:evil:evil Pat had you rub it in didn't he! :D

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Omg!!!

Those pictures are absolutely captivating!

Not only the two pair of '62s from Pat and Brian, but did you see that yellow wagon? That gives new meaning to the words "four door" -- now it's "More Door" :) :) :).

I am a Chevy Orange died-in-the-wool GM guy, but I have to say I was stunned by that pair of 427 Cobras, one Stainless Steel and one Copper. That had to be more than a person can take up close. Just outstanding. Those had to win some award or another.

I hate to say this, but I think most of those staging areas had more dollars into them than my frame off '62 SS 409 car :). Very creative!

I think I'd like to make an awesome display area, then put an old clunker '62 four door up on perches, like those guys did :). I guess I'd have to create some storage space for it, though, eh?

Unreal, you guys must have had a blast. Do they do this every year?

TomK

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Autorama

Way to go Gentlemen!! Very nice work. The Very Best to both of you.:bow:cheers

Lonnie

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Hey Guys
WAY TO GO :clap:cool::clap:cool:

Brian

the black 55 chevy sedan with the blower ( you took a picture of it )
is a friend of mine here in Burnet

also had another friend from Houston with a pearl touquise and white 55 hrdt

He more then likley won best cons. hrdt
the black 55 from burnet should have won best street machine ( they are both ISCA point cars (chasing points)

sounds like youll had a good time
Joyce and I had thought about coming up and spending the weekend, but I had a show to do over in Round Rock ( that was a joke ) anyway cong. on everyones winning

now

stop patting yourself on the back and get back to work

you have bills to pay now :roll:roll