Dan in Northern California (Lafayette)

dreamline

Hey everyone,
I was lucky enough to acquire a '64 SS with a 409, 2 Edelbrock 600 cfm carbs, 4 spd, 4:11 posi. White with black interior.

The seller told me it was numbers matching, but I doubt it - the suffix numbers are milled off; the block is a '63 casting but I haven't been able to read the casting date yet.

It's fairly stock, but has 2" drop spindles in front, Cragars and exhausts out the side in front of the rear wheels, so it's a real snapsot of a '60's hot rod.
I love the intrinsic value of a car that I think is a real '60's icon - so super originality is not important to me.

My first car was a '64 Impala that I resurected, so it's probably no mystery to the amature psychologists that I was so drawn to this car!

I also have a '71 Corvette roadster with a 468 BB/4spd that is pewter/black and '72 Corvette roadster that is stock with original window sticker, protecto plate, invoice, dealer contract etc.

I'll post pictures soon!

Dan

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Dan, Welcome to the mad house. Lots of good stuff here along with a great crowd...:stooges Jump right in and by all means post some pics of your rigs. We love pics...:brow

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Hey Dan ! Are you talking to yourself again.:dunno Oops, sorry:roll Oh! you're talking to Dan from California. Welcome to the club, Dan. Lot's of good info and people, even if some of us, are a few sandwiches, short of a picnic.:roll Skip:)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Dan ! Are you talking to yourself again.:dunno Oops, sorry:roll Oh! you're talking to Dan from California. Welcome to the club, Dan. Lot's of good info and people, even if some of us, are a few sandwiches, short of a picnic.:roll Skip:)

Skip, You didn't get those sadwiches at Denny's did you???????:eek: Don't worry Dan it takes some of us just a few more turns on the ol steering wheel to get around the corner....:roll :roll :roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
AMEN to that.:clap :roll Dan, no I don't go to Denny's any more. I learned my lesson.:roll Sort-of. Sometimes we go to the Olive Garden. They are getting almost as bad.:eek: Skip:)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
AMEN to that.:clap :roll Dan, no I don't go to Denny's any more. I learned my lesson.:roll Sort-of. Sometimes we go to the Olive Garden. They are getting almost as bad.:eek:
Skip:)
There was a great Italian Restuarant in a small mall near the Desmond when Ann lived there. I really enjoyed going there when visiting Albany. Much better than Denny's:roll
Robert