Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
LETTERING

Not sure I got this pic, but SOMEONE must be selling these:

labels.jpg

B

bowtieollie

Hey Bubble,

You will have to add the "lines" after the anodizing process.

If you do it before - the sulfuric acid in the anodize process will remove the paint.:cry

I'm having the same problem. I can't help right off, but here are two things I have run across. What make the piece difficult is that the manufacturing process including first silk printing the black lines on flat anodized aluminum sheets, and then stamping the piece to get the rippled finish. Second, a few weeks ago, I ran across a 60 rag that really made one drop to your knees. The rear aluminum trim around the tail lights is a grown up version of the 61 dash pieces - anodized aluminum sheets, silk printed with black strips and then stamped to form. The owner said a shop on the north side of Chicago restored the pieces, and I could not tell them from excellent NOS pieces. The problem is I can't remember the name of the shop who did the work (Senior moment). I hope I run across this car again.

bubbletop61

Well Known Member
Finally someone who agrees...

Dear Stumpuller
I thought I was going mad. I've posted on CT and here that these were screen printed before they were stamped and no one seems to have agreed until now. My theory is that with the stripes going up arpund the stamped corners on the glove box door, the dash inlay and the shift console plate, the parts have to have been printed before they were formed. Thanks for the support. Hope we can find a solution.
Cheers
BBTP61

DENNISJR60

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THIS PIECE OFF ON MY 61? THE PIECE I'M REFERING TO IS THE ONE IN THE PICTURES. THANKS.:confused:

DDay1

Well Known Member
Don't know which piece you're talking about . Your picture didn't make it.:confused: If you're talking about the dash molding, it ain't no easy job unless your dash is completely out of the car. The following has to come out of the dash, headlight switch, speedometer, the cigar lighter, and the radio. Then the piece is glued to the dash with some kind of putty. I think it would be darn near impossible to get out if the dash was in the car.