Daughters

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Guys.
Well Lynette and I have a 15 going on 25 year old daughter.
We have been hearing about this boy friend for around 4 months now and we thought he was just an imaginary friend. Wishful thinking I guess.
We we are going to the movies tonight and he is coming along too.
We have never met this boy so I have a couple of questions for you all.
Should I be cleaning the rifle when he arrives or sharpening my skinning knife?:D
Was thinking of playing "welcome to the family" by little big town on the stereo when he is here to see if I can scare him off.:dunno
Any advice is appreciated.
Will keep you advised of the events tomorrow

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
HA HA, welcome to the other part of parenting. As i didn't have a rifle to leave sitting on the table with the boy friends name written on the bulls eye target that would have been sitting just in front of the rifle for all to see, i always made it clear, "Hurt my daughter and the earth ain't big enough for the two of us.:mad6

Gav

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hey Steve, fortunately I have 2 boys.

The only advice I can give is this. Do you remember when you were 17, and what your main aim was. :dance:dance:dance

Good Luck mate.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hi Guys.
We have been hearing about this boy friend for around 4 months now and we thought he was just an imaginary friend. Wishful thinking I guess.
Should I be cleaning the rifle when he arrives or sharpening my skinning knife?:D
Was thinking of playing "welcome to the family" by little big town on the stereo when he is here to see if I can scare him off.:dunno

Steve
Try and meet him at the door alone, wear a cut off tee shirt and try to fart while you shake his hand. Oh yeah, make sure your hand is wet. He'll listen intently after that to anything you tell him.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
try all the scare tactics you can. but it probably will not work. your wife or girlfriend has to talk to your daughter. inform them of the gifts that
keep on giving she can catch and on down the line. girls are more devious than the boys. they will sneak out and do what they want. all you
basically can do is make sure the boy is the same age as your daughter. best of luck and may God be with you. jim

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Guys.

Steve

I would say sharpening the knife with the rifle on the table....
Good luck, that time in a Dad's life is stressful. I remember it well, even though my daughter now has four kids I still don't like the idea of how they got there!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I like, the skinning knife idea, Steve.:clapCan't give you, any good advice. We lost, that battle.:doh:bang

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
When he comes through the door, throw two shotgun shells at him. Then tell him they come quicker from the barrel of the gun. Plus anything out of the way that you do to my daughter, I will do the same to you!!

Lonnie

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
damn you guys, i must be the only one on this thread that was a teenager. i am sure you guys skipped your teenage years
and never tried anything. how we forget. hehe jim

i love my grand daughter and do not want anything to happen to her. on the other hand she does.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Unfortunately my daughter is a blonde haired, blue eyed, cute as a button type. I would have preferred she was short, fat, ugly, pimply faced and cross eyed. Worst part is she acts just like me! Damn I'm in for a hell of a ride.:eek1

now we are realistic. jim

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well,
We met him and his Mom,
They are both not bad sorts.
He doesnt have a bad sense of humor either and likes american cars

I recon if Lynette and i tell our Daughter that we like him then she will drop him like a hot potato
Well that worked on me, seemed that if their mom liked me i was in for the boot

we will see if times have changed

Steve

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
my mom hated all the women i dated. but after i broke up with them, she loved them. women. jim

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
:lmao

My practice wife,
my mom never said a bad word against here until we seperated,
then she let me know what she really thought of her

Steve

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Here is my advice. Have as many signs made up as you do for entrances to your house. Tack one at each doorway. The signs will say "I value my daughters happiness more then I do my personal freedom". Then accent them by going to the range, shooting out the bulls eye of several targets, tack them alongside the other sign and the target will say "the person who shot this score lives inside". If this doesn't scare him off, then he might be a keeper LOL, Carmine.