Dave Coots

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks Barry. Pretty slow, my 6' times suck. Mostly hanging out and using lots of ice. I have a Dr's appointment the 8th. I can envision wearing this immobilizer 6-8 weeks. Saturday was the 4th time I tore it up this year.
I think I read about you going back to a door slammer????

Last edited:

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes Dave, door car it is. This thing is a fun ride and it’s a great bracket car but I’m afraid I’m gonna end up being in the same boat as you getting in and out of it. Besides, When I come to a 348/409 race I feel like a Duck out of water. No pun intended Ray. Rest easy Dave.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Yes Dave, door car it is. This thing is a fun ride and it’s a great bracket car but I’m afraid I’m gonna end up being in the same boat as you getting in and out of it. Besides, When I come to a 348/409 race I feel like a Duck out of water. No pun intended Ray. Rest easy Dave.

I noticed you've changed your avatar. I'm sure your car will be competitive. Want to share your plan? I'm glad I put in a slide out bar in when I put in the roll bar. Thanks Barry

Quack ...

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Take the 2x4 from under the peddle Dave. Ray won’t beat you anymore. :poke

Ok. Ray dodging the bullet with his brakes is not really a joking matter and could have had disasterous results. The Man was looking out for him.

No 2x4's here Scott.
I'm thinkin maybe when I adjusted Ray's brakes for our match race so they would drag, I forgot to put the cotter key back in.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, the plan right now is to run some more races around here then pull motor & trans the end of October and get it on Racingjunk. If I could find the right 63 Imp. “Light” I would do a tribute car of the one in my avatar “my dads car” If not I’ve got a couple of 62s in mind. I’m going to be getting my son Blake some seat time next year. I will still run the 409 shootouts. Dats the plan!! Get well soon Dave!!