dirt tracker

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
At Beech Ridge Speedway up here in Maine, we had to run the rochester 2bbl carbs for years. 2bbl cast iron intake, no porting to heads or intake. We also had to run a .450 max lift cam 11:1 max compression and flat top 2 valve relief pistons. 1.94 intakes and 1.5 exhaust. 1/3 mile track, turned 6 grand at the end of the straight with a 1-3/8" Rochester 2bbl. I could change over to a Holley 4412 if I went to other tracks. We had to run the ram horn manifolds for years then they finally went to headers.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Ronnie I DUG THIS UP SO YOU COULD FIND IT

:roll:roll Did you think we would let you forget about this Engine you are building. On a serious note hows it going if you need a replacement I got one ready to go. I meet you at Phils that should be about half way.:scratch

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Derry, Finally got parts . 1st supplier kept backordering the kit I settled on. The cost savings were not worth the hassle. Found a good deal on some FedMogul forged pistons (12 to 1 ) flat top domes :roll:roll Scat bushed rods and Scat cast steel crank. My machinist is flooded with business, so , I hope to get the parts back in 2 to 3 weeks.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Deceleration Gonna Get Ya

:doh:dunno Your not worried about compression brake off throttle:roll If anyone can make that work in the dirt I'll bet you can. Hope you don't get caught.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just to Keep it from getting lost

:roll How is the Machine Shop doing on your dirt project:?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Derry, Finally picked up parts 2 days ago. Got a lot done. Waitng on 7.900 pushrods and some 1044 FelPro head gaskets. Should be here tomorrow. Might fire it this weekend but may have to go to Super Chevy instead. Tough decision. Pistons are out of the hole. Long story. Hence the .051 head gaskets. If tight quench means strong runner then this sucker will fly or never make the first lap. Time will tell. :?:?

Attachments

• DSCF1361.jpg
    DSCF1361.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1362.jpg
    DSCF1362.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 45

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just might have to come and offer a cliam when raced

:dunno In for a penny in for a pound.:? If you are going to be inovative as Jr Johnson would say you might as well invert them all.:roll:roll

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Take a bow Ronnie

:clap Thanks for the Email Ronnie good to hear that Dirt Track Flat top Piston motor ran so good exspecially in that kind of heat. Now you need to get him a brake sponsor and a cool suit:roll