Disc brake conversion

wally409

Well Known Member
Hi - been a while since I needed some information but I'd like to equip my 62 bubbletop with a front disc brake conversion. Is there a bolt-in swap from a late 60's or early 70's full sized car that would work? And would I need a power brake set up? It hs non-P Brankes now and I would prefer that. Thanks. Wally

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I put a non power dual master from 1958 delivery and bracket kit from scare birds. The kit came with the brackets and a shopping list of parts needed. Works fine with out the power booster.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Wally409,
I just installed a power disc setup from Mike (1958 delivery) and i am most impressed, the 60 has never stopped so good.
I know you want to keep non power but im sure you wont be disappointed with his service

Steve

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Wally, I put a ECI brake kit on the 64 and it has worked well but it did set the rims out about an 1/2-3/4 of an inch more. I would take a had look at Mike's set up.
On a lighter note....we just returned from San Luis Obisbo.
Spent three weeks out there this year. Have you been down there lately?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That looks like nice stuff Brian, you can get the rest at Canadian Tire- rotors etc?

Don

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Did the rear disc conversion just drop in price or have I not been paying attention? Seems a lot cheaper now than what I remember.