dist. number?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I saw a thread on distributor numbers and remembered I could not find mine listed. The number is 1111006 delco remy 2 a 30 . The car is a 380 horse 62 impala ss with a 4 gear. Anyone got a listing on this one? Just curious! :?

bobs409

Administrator
The 62 380 and 409 hp according to my book used 1110919 (first design) and 1111023 (second design).

The closest thing I can find to your number is 1111016 but that one is listed for a 327.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Honest that is the correct number, I have the tag in my hand. I never could find it anywhere. I had thought that your data base made a typo with a 1111086 but maybe not? :dunno

gearhead409

Well Known Member
1111006 dist.

the 1111006 was used for a short time in the last haft of the 1962 production run. it is really the first design of the 1111023

bobs409

Administrator
Gearhead, if your certain of this number/application, I'd like to add it to the part number list. Did you see this listed in any books? None of mine have that number.

Can anyone else agree (confirm) this number?

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The 1963 Chevrolet parts book says that the 1111006 fits 1961 and 1962 348/409 with vacumn advance and single points. It shows the 1111023 to fit 1963 409 with vacumn advance and single points.

gearhead409

Well Known Member
dist. number

steve d no i don't know the differance between the 006 and the 023. i do know the 006 was chevy's first attempt of using a single point vacuum advance dist. on a h.p.409. bobs409 the 006 is in my chiltons repair manual 1954-1963 as a 1962 part.it's in the 32nd edition of the hollander book as a 409 part. it's in alan colvin's book (chevrolet by the numbers) as a 1962 409 part but he did not verify it.in the book by larry davis(drag racing the family sedan) there is a picture of dave stricker's 1962 409 engine with a vacuum advance dist. in it on page 39. i believe this picture was taken in 1962. chevymuscle, your 1963 chevy parts book is right. the 1964 chevy parts book shows the 1111006 as being taken out of service and replaced by 1111023 on october 1963.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Wow, it's amazing what you can learn here. Gearhead, I remember you and your buddy from the convention but I never noticed your signature.

"gearhead409 1923 t-bucket blown 409 (481 stroker)"

Are you sure a little 481 with a blower is enough power for a huge car like that? :D :bow :beerbang :beerbang

gearhead409

Well Known Member
dist.

yes jimmie and i was at the covention with his black 63 belair named "BUSTOUT". boy did we have a good time ! i have had my t-bucket a long time,it has always had a 409 in it. it was featured oct. 1980 in hot rod magazine,(i think that was the right issue) that was the best trophy i ever got with this car. yes this new engine is a handful. kind of makes me think when i'am setting at a trafic light,looking out over those two afb carbs and wondering if the throttle return springs would ever break,could i get this thing shut off before it kills me.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When I saw you had that engine in a t-bucket the first thing that came to mind was the only way to go faster is to put it in a motorcycle. :D

bobs409

Administrator
That's good enough for me then, I'll add it to our list. I looked in the Chevrolet by the numbers book but I was looking in the chart and it wasn't listed. I see he does mention it at the bottom in the notes section. He says it was never produced but that is obviously incorrect.

gearhead409

Well Known Member
dist.

i was thinking if anyone would like to see a picture of my old t-bucket they can find it in my e-bay profile. go to the e-bay home page. click on feedback forum. then type in gearhead409 and click on find member. then click on the 'me' of the member profile and you will see gearhead and his favorite 409. my brother-in-law put this picture on e-bay for me as i don't have a digital camera. enjoy ha ha

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Great guy!

I had the pleasure of joiining Gearhead and Jimmie, along with several others (BJburnout TmO, Jim_SS409) at the dinner table that Friday night of the Convention. I believe he passed a pic of the vehicle around. Nice! And if I recall correctly, Gearhead has more '62 Chevies and 409 engines than you can shake a stick at :)

You might notice that while Gearhead has but a few posts (single digits) I bet he's read EVERY post collectively made by you guys! I referred to these types of fellas as "lurkers" (in the positive sense) who are really into the 409 scene (and have been for years) but who rarely post to this Forum. Glad to see that this has begun to change! We respect all of those who both read and contribute to this Forum! See what impact you have on people's lives, Bob?

Cheers!
TomK

gearhead409

Well Known Member
dist.

thanks Tom K for your nice compliments. you sure got me figured out i'am usually a quiet person,been playing with 409's over 40 years,and when i found this website last year,i read every post here and on bobs old site. took me about a month and it was fun ! maybe i'll catch up with DQ someday ( i better get posting) HA HA

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Westville?????

Where is Westville, Ohio? Small town? Don't think I have heard of it, before.

Fred

gearhead409

Well Known Member
westville

it is a small town with one flashing traffic light and a post office about one hour north of middletown,can't miss it!

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Westville?????

Well, somehow I have been able to miss it. i'll get my trusty map out and see if it shows up!!!!!!
Thanks

Fred