distributors

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
:yup
I had modified a small block distributor to fit a W engine years ago. I machined a top collar to hold the distributor at the correct height. Slid that onto the housing, then added JB Weld to the lower rings on the housing and chucked it up in a lathe and machined it to the correct diameter. It fit well, but I ended up needing the spacer for a pre oiler and cut it all up. Never did try it out. I bought a couple originals and rebuilt them instead.

427John

Well Known Member
I like your idea too Jim,I was thinking about trying that with an old school accel 30000 or 37000 series dual point,I've got a pile of those and have always liked them.Back in the late 60's-and 70's those were some of the best distributors on the market,not to be confused with the 34000 series and later 80's vintage ones,they were cheaper and not nearly the distributor.I've even got 1 that's already had the collar machined off with an adjustable collar installed.I've got a couple of old mallory's (1 NOS) that are for w-motors but don't have any experience with them and I tend to stick with what I know.