Do we dare trust our lithium battery powered tools???

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't have a ton, I have an 80 volt lawn mower, that works pretty good but will never stand up to the Honda I wore out. I have a Ryobi 40 volt weed eater, and a 20 De Walt 1/2 drill/driver. None have cause me any issues either. But I don't have no stinking high carbon footprint EV either :D They should have the batteries fixed pretty soon though. I thought they were supposed to already, but apparently not.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I bought a Skil Electric weed wacker, a year and a half ago. It works OK.:rolleyes I noticed this past fall, (the last time I used it) the 20 volt battery was leaking. I will not use it again. A replacement 20 volt battery is between $ 50. and $ 70. bucks.:doh

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have a few inexpensive lithium battery hand tools at my winter place. A guy here just had his house burn down because of lithium batteries left on a multi charger in his attached shed - so says the fire department. I'll never leave the lithium batteries on a charger after they have recharged.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Maybe. In general, I'd go back, it was a great time to grow up, but...

Drum brakes
6v systems
Crappy oil but cheap gas
Skinny bias tires
Crappy automatics
Draft card
LEOs with no sense of humor (sometimes)

a few things just popped into my head.

bobs409

Administrator
What amazes me is that there are recalls on things all the time for minor things like a missing washer or something but not on lithium batteries!! People are dying from these! Same with EV's. It's ok that they occasionally go up like an incinerator, nothing to worry about.