Drag Link repair kit with dust cover. Can't find

Brandon 348/320

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I am rebuilding my front end on my 6o Impala and will be putting back together shortly. I can't seem to find a drag ling repair kit with the dust cover. Several places show the kit, but I have not seen any with the cover.
I would not be opposed to a used cover, but mine was bent when I had to use a pickle fork to wedge the connection apart. IMG_3430.JPG Thanks for any help.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You can fix your shield with a little work but if you were to switch to the 63-64 drag link you could eliminate that sloppy joint.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dan, don't you have to swap to the 63-64 idler & pitman arms when you switch to that drag link? Or can you just swap the centerlink and that's it?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan, don't you have to swap to the 63-64 idler & pitman arms when you switch to that drag link? Or can you just swap the centerlink and that's it?
Yes you do have to use the complete 63-64 pitman and idler. It's a way better system.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Dan.

Brandon, I agree with Dan on the 63-64 set-up being a better system. I think it's just less room for slop and a more positive connection. If you aren't going for a 100% restoration, then I'd upgrade now. I am planning on going that way with my own soon.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Just so you know you never want to use a pickle fork on boot's or anything you don't want to destroy, or it will put you in a pickle!!!!!:poke:poke